snaring rabbits?

mosa

Can you put a snare on the entrance to the set - holes etc as i havent any ferrets etc and need a quick solution cheers :rolleyes:

Snaring rabbits is a difficult one, to do it professionally you must snare out in the open so make sure ,no cattle etc.

Rabbits are too wary exiting holes and the runs to the field are few,you may have half a dozen runs to the field and forty rabbits using them so if you did catch on every run which is highly unlikely, you would only have six. you must locate the runs out in the field off the main runs, snaring here you have more chance as all the rabbits are allowed out into the field, but don't be fooled into thinking it is easy, the placement of your snare,size and height is crucial. I have had some success in the past placing mine just after the front foot marks others say differently also three fingers width high to the bottom of your snare. good luck, put out markers so you don't loose any and count them on and off the field,make sure, check first thing and evening with binocs as you may not be the only one watching them.these days.