roost shooting

nav54

Good luck with your roost shooting mate. We've got a nice bit of woodland (about 30 acres) witch is only holding about 50-60 birds at this moment in time. Back in october there were more birds than I have ever seen in my life on our farm 800-1000 at a guess..they were hammering acorns like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately most have now moved on :lol:

I am in a pigeon shooting club and all we do is shoot the roosts from November through to march and that is it till the next season. this type of shooting is mostly high birds with little room to think about the shot one minute they are thier the next they are gone. it is a very exhilirating type shooting when they are coming in thick and fast.

Sundodger

If it's keepered ask if they are going to keep feeding the wood as i'm convinced this makes a real big difference on the roosts the pigeons seem to start coming in earlier and longer. I've got a couple of half decent woods for roost shooting similar to yours by the sounds of things anyway good luck. :o

• 2 months later...