My first few sticks

Stealth Stalker

Thought I'd share with you my first attempts at some sticks I,ve made & a work in progress antler thumbstick.

DSC00154-1.jpg

All are seasoned & straightened hazel, the Roe thumbstick was from a buck I found dying from a RTA last year down in Devon.

The Muntjac head is boiling away nicely at the moment.

Im also on the look out for any unwanted antler & off cuts that some of you guys have knocking around thats not required, I'm happy to pay for postage costs.

PM me if you can help

Cheers

SS

Looking good there SS :good:

I am not a fan of sharp antler points on sticks as I always think about what would happen if you slipped and ended up on the end of it.

Stuart

I can see your point (no pun intended) I like to see the full antler, the tines are sanded to quite a blunt point.

But if I thought about all the sharp & dangerous things I come into contact with everyday I'd never leave the house :oops:

SS

good to see you made use of that antler, still think you should have taken the whole thing back lol

I think I may have had a few strange looks walking back to the car through Moretonhampstead with a dead Roe deer over me shoulders :good: And anyway, I tried but the Mrs went berserk :oops::P

SS

i doubt it, ive walked through with a feret box on my back and 3 rabbits, 1 or 2 gave me strange looks, but oh well.

I don't bloody know!!!!!!!! I don't stalk as I am poor :lol:

It's white/ish and looks like it came off a Moose.

Wait for the pics :good:

LB

£ to a penny it's a fallow antler. Sorry if that spoilt the suspense but I couldn't wait :lol:

SS shame all the good bucks seem to be involved in RTAs, that looks like it was a good head. My only comment about your stick is the rod appears to be a bit on the heavy side for the antler but all power to you for making it.

I don't bloody know!!!!!!!! I don't stalk as I am poor :lol:

It's white/ish and looks like it came off a Moose.

Wait for the pics :good:

LB

£ to a penny it's a fallow antler. Sorry if that spoilt the suspense but I couldn't wait :lol:

SS shame all the good bucks seem to be involved in RTAs, that looks like it was a good head. My only comment about your stick is the rod appears to be a bit on the heavy side for the antler but all power to you for making it.

It was a good head, I came across him in a distressed state while on a walking holiday in Devon, I looked for the farmer to hopefully put the poor soul out of his misery, but couldn't find him & was about to try & give him the coup de grace with my bare hands when he drew his last breath & pegged it :lol:

post-2169-1202207308.jpg

SS