The archbishop of cantebry's latest spoutings

paulf

I say we should ask these people who want to change our laws.

If we went to your country would you like us changing your laws?

They don't dusty and a five minute google at the subject would tell you that.

When 'we' went to lots of countries we changed all their laws.

I used to read the Sun but I know read a newspaper :good:

Pin, ?

LB

It has just dawned on me, this situation is worse than we have all realised.

Its not the Muslims who want to introduce it, its the Archbishop, and he is born and bred white geezer.

They might of suggested it but its him who wants to do it.

Another case of bending over backwards to help the minoritys?

Oh, as for the Sikhs, look back through history and you will find they fought on our side alongside our troops in WW1 and WW2.

I believe he was only trying to start a debate on the subject. That isn't a bad thing to do. He didn't say allow all aspects of Sharah law only some aspects of it. He also referred to using the argument to allow other religions to opt out of certain legistlation i.e. Catholic charities who didn't want to allow adoption by gay couples.

Andrew

The Archbishop is a very clever chap.......... but naive as you can get, the saying "give an inch and take a mile" springs to mind, and thats what will happen. Sharia law is already prcticed to some degree in this country, mainly on finacial and marraige matters, i say its the thin edge of the wedge.

This article was taken from Wikipedia on sharia law.

If the husband senses that feelings of disobedience and rebelliousness are rising against him in his wife, he should try his best to rectify her attitude by kind words, gentle persuasion and reasoning with her. If this is not helpful, he should sleep apart from her, trying to awaken her agreeable feminine nature so that serenity may be restored, and she may respond to him in a harmonious fashion. If this approach fails, it is permissible for him to smack her lightly with his hands, avoiding her face and other sensitive parts. In no case should he resort to using a stick or any other instrument that might cause pain and injury.

:lol::lol: funny