bar-b-q this past weekend

~kev~

The pit was fired up around 11 am, which means I am running late again. My son and I made a trip to the camp to shoot his shotgun and pick up some wood for the smoker.

The ribs wet on around 12 noon, we are planning on eating at 4 so that gives them a 4 hour cook time. 4 hours is like the bare minimum for cooking ribs.

The ribs just went on around noon.

DSC04820.jpg

Then there are the pork chops

DSC04828.jpg

The deer backstrap went on just a little bit ago. That is the chunks on the right hand side.

DSC04834.jpg

DSC04849.jpg

The box on the front is for dry wood storage. So when I pull the pit somewhere, that is where some of the wood goes.

DSC04831.jpg

Are you doing this commercially kev? Or do you always need that amount of grub :lol: ? Whatya make the oven out of? Looks like you made it from scratch with sheet steel. Pretty handy :lol:

The pit is going to be rented out. This is my first one to build, and I have 3 more in the planning phase. Depending on how many people you want to cook for, and how much money you want to spend - you get the pit dropped off at your house with all the wood you need.

sorry, but I do not deliver outside texas.

This pit is not quit finished yet, maybe another full days worth of welding and metal work.