shotgun licence

dead-eye

There is no "official form". Each force makes its own.The only reason they exist is to guide you to provide the right info, and a letter is fine if you put all the required detail in it.

Use any form from any force, many counties have downloads so if your local lot don't, just use another counties forms if they do.

The FALO are seeking cross confirmation: ie, the seller confirms the detail of sale to you, and completes your cert. You confirm the purchase ( or the other way round).

They want:

Name and address of both parties.

Cert nos ( or RFD reg)

Date of transaction

Whether bought / sold / lent / hired

Brand and type of gun; ie NewMake, U/O 12g shotgun

Serial no

Clayman

hiu mate there should be a fourm come with your licence but all you have to do is put all the details you need to put on paper n sign it i want go tho wot thay are as clayman has dun it :hmm: i i even did 1 last nite as i have buyed a new shotgun if you buy from a shop thay somtimes do it for you or give you the filled out paper just to send happy hunting mate :good: if you wish to make your life easyer just phone them up and as them to send you a few so you got spairs thay will be happy to then it is all there on paper wot you need to do n it easyer mate that wot i would do to get used to things mate.. :(

Edited by ferretman

My gun licence poped through the door yesterday. Very happy. Does anyone now where i can get a gun transfer form for dyfed powys police online? Or can i just send in a letter with the gun details?

I have e-mailed the last two with no problems.

You have it on record and they send you a reply confirming everything :hmm: