Are we being ripped off

jimdfish

I was reding gun mart today and it still does my head in in the price difference between airguns and shotguns. Is the engineering and craftsmanship so very different between say a weirach and a lincoln or lanber. A friend of mine went to new zealand for a holiday and also to buy a gun because he said even after import and vat etc it was still cheaper to by a gun in NZ. Are we victims of our own desire to boast that our gun was a grand when we may have been able to pick up the same model on the continent for half that or maybe because our fathers paid that we just accept it. If anyone knows how much guns are abroad give us a post

jimDfish

P.S If guns are much cheaper on the continent or NZ an enterprising person could set a nice little business such as people have done with cars from mainland europe

We get ripped off because we are prepared to pay the prices quoted.

It wasn't that long ago basic motor cars were very much cheaper on the Continent than here.

Now I believe, they are just "much" cheaper. ;)

I doubt if it is cheaper, to fly to New Zealand and buy a gun and then fly straight back again, against the price of buying the same gun in the UK.

However, if you are going to New Zealand anyway, then take advantage of the opportunity.

When I go to the USA ,I bring back half price fishing reels, mono, braid etc.

But it would not pay me to fly over there, just to buy them.

If anyone knows how much guns are abroad give us a post

cranfield

i can tell you for a fact that many shooters here will turn to litt's in newport i beleive for their "state of the art PERAZZI MX8/2000 BLAH BLAH "LOOK AT WHAT I CAN SPEND ON A ,,,,,,,,,,,GUN :angry: " ...... sorry if i sounded offish (still dont know whats wrong with a browning) i know with the duty paid and shipping they can buy at around 60/70% of what the cost would be here .for instance a mx8 here will cost around $12,500, bringing in from ol blighty

$8,000 landed, so it shows how much the middle man robs the **** out of you,

and yes you do get ripped off ,but it applies to us all whatever country we're in. :/

tickles me realy when i look at the cost of living here to there . oh well another day another dollar :huh:

martin