Toyota D4D engine / car owners

markm

does sound a little excessive, engines sometimes use oil when running in from new, it should get better but keep an eye on it, sometimes when new engines arnt run in correctly the bores can glaze up and use oil that way, doutfull tho on modern engines, just mention it to toyota see what they say

My daughter has a Vauxhall Meriver, straight from the off it was using over a litre per thousand miles of the expensive oil Vauxhall told her to use, after 5000 miles they had it in and fitted new rings still high consumption, last year the ECU failed and again the dealers had it in for repair.and a second service, I complained about the cost on this forum last year,How much?? Over £800.00!! I complained on her behalf about how a relativly low milage car should cost so much?? their reply, its out of warranty, Pay Up. :lol:

chances are the car has not been run in correctly ie- excessive speed in the early days resulting in worn oil rings.the tell tale signs are excessive smoke when starting-running.check the water header tank for possible cylinder head leakage but i would be doubtfull this being the cause to use that amount of oil.

as said previous i would mention to toyota for their advice.

hope you get sorted.

Rob

chances are the car has not been run in correctly ie- excessive speed in the early days resulting in worn oil rings.the tell tale signs are excessive smoke when starting-running.check the water header tank for possible cylinder head leakage but i would be doubtfull this being the cause to use that amount of oil.

as said previous i would mention to toyota for their advice.

hope you get sorted.

Rob

Hmmmmm in markm's defence his missus doesnt really drive that hard.....HE does.....but then again He puts petrol in the bloomin thing.... :lol: