nv meet up

Tel Time

there is a night vision meet coming up in Oxford shortly, if you are up for a lookee see then pm me for details, there will be a fair few other people from another forum with gen 1, 2, 3 and digital so come and have a look and bring what you have, make friends by bringing a flask, there will be a car park and only air rilfles will be used due to noise restrictions and marshalls on hand to control you gun happy toads.

there is a night vision meet coming up in Oxford shortly, if you are up for a lookee see then pm me for details, there will be a fair few other people from another forum with gen 1, 2, 3 and digital so come and have a look and bring what you have, make friends by bringing a flask, there will be a car park and only air rilfles will be used due to noise restrictions and marshalls on hand to control you gun happy toads.

how will we see you ?

To be serious about this for a second if I can, what an opportunity for people to see what NV can do, assuming some "big lads" show up with gen2 and gen2+ (and 3?) kit, people can see what it really does!

I for one would love to see what 3k of gen3 scope gives you

if you can't be serious don't bother :no: oh go on then the dogging thing is quite funny :yp: this is a chance for people to see what nv is all about, the thread was started on the airgun bbs in the night vision section by some good friends of mine but seeing as i am banned for life from the bbs due to some people with no sense of humour and a witch hunt i cannot comment on it.

p.s i will be the one making sure everything goes to plan

p.p.s my brothers wife has just given birth to a baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulation!

I had to do the funny, but I was serious - people ABSOLUTELY always ask "how good is x compared to y"

The answer is get along to this and see for yourself. I've seen what people describe as "fantastic" scopes [ MTC's offerings ] but just couldn't get on with them (I accept some do rate them and get great results).

Asking after this opportunity will just end up with "you should have gone along to xxxx" :no:

Shame it's so far away, I have been looking at (not through) NV for some time now, it seems that every time that I find a suitable one there is a problem, low magnification usually, or not being able to zero in daylight. This would have been a good oppurtunity to compare a few side by side, which has to be the way to decide on which model.

An Archer By starlight is a very good Gen. 3 NV - it can be used as a spotting scope and then attached to the rifle by way of a bayonet fitting in seconds ( about 3 if your quick) and a grade d tube one is only £1400

i have seen and used one of these ( Grasshopper's) and i must admit its a cracking bit of kit - when we were in Ireland with JohnGalway & TikkaMark we spotted a fox at 450 yrds .

Shame it's so far away, I have been looking at (not through) NV for some time now, it seems that every time that I find a suitable one there is a problem, low magnification usually, or not being able to zero in daylight. This would have been a good oppurtunity to compare a few side by side, which has to be the way to decide on which model.

We zero my mates rifle with a candle in a box, primative but works a treat!!

• 2 weeks later...

ok then, now thats all out of the way.... the night meet is this Saturday, there will be plenty of kit to look at and look through, we are hoping for a turn out in the twenties but if more turn up then all the better, if you can make it to a place in oxford then you are welcome, pm me for directions, it is being held near MOD site and local police have been informed and will possibly turn up to see what kit we have, same goes with MOD, plenty of tea and coffee just bring yourselves along, have a shave though coz we may get a pic in the glossies!

An Archer By starlight is a very good Gen. 3 NV - it can be used as a spotting scope and then attached to the rifle by way of a bayonet fitting in seconds ( about 3 if your quick) and a grade d tube one is only £1400

i have seen and used one of these ( Grasshopper's) and i must admit its a cracking bit of kit - when we were in Ireland with JohnGalway & TikkaMark we spotted a fox at 450 yrds .

:wacko: :blink: :good::yes: :yes: :yes:

It's ******* brilliant. Much, much, muchhhhh better than I had expected.

Don't ever look through one :lol::lol:

It'll cost you a small fortune :P

(...and it is cheating really ;) )

we had the meet up on a friends shoot and within 5 minutes of turning up the old bill came for a visit, quick chat and offer of a cup of tea and they were of and happy, those who went had a look at some serious kit, clives, and some not so serious, mine!! Nightmax put on a tv show with the digital kit and a 5K dedicated scope was drooled over by everyone, cold night but well worth it just to give people an idea of what you can do with a bit of money and what can be done with a lot, thanks if you came along.