Parker-hale moderators...

mr lee

I have one fitted to my rimmy at the moment. (well, not actually fitted now as it is in bits on the dining room table :blush: )

I stripped the rifle down last night to clean it all fully and then started on the mod. When I slid the baffles out from inside, the centres all look damaged. It looks like someone has inserted a bar into the exit holes of each baffle and bent it down. Forcing one part of the flat face to bend out and one part to bend inwards. :hmm:

I'm guessing that isn't quite how they should be as standard. Now deep inside the mod shell there is a stupid ridge which I have struggled to slide the lower baffles past. I did manage it in the end but don't want to damage the new ones if I choose to replace them instead of dumping the mod for a new one. Will these damaged baffles have had any effect on the noise or accuracy of the shot at all?

Also, if it were your mod, would you bin it or fix it? It is only a £35 mod at the end of the day so time and effort Versus the ease of buying a new one is something I'm considering.

What to do....

I will try to post a picture up but it was taken last night by my mobile at a close range. :blush:

post-8486-1204976112.jpg

i dont think the centre holes are perfectly round . when slid in they should look like a hexagon if you look down the silencer if that makes any sense.the centre holes are slotted i think.i would pull mine apart but its too much bother at the moment.i think its ok build it back up and so long as nothing is fouling the bullet path it should be fine

Cheers mate. I have just managed to get through to our local shop and see what mods they have in stock if I decide to replace it. He mentioned a sirrocco sm11. Anybody used one or had experience of one? Better/worse than another parker hale or an SAK?

I really want a DM80 :blush: but need something for wednesday morning.

The baffles are correct in that distorted shape. The shape makes the gas twist in the tube thus cooling and distrupting it as it goes. You should have a rod that goes with the silencer that you assemble the baffles onto and then slide then into the tube as one lump. the baffles go into the tube wall rim first and dont go past that rim. The rim creates a first chamber. when all of the baffles are in the tube there should be a plain washer then a sping washer then another plain washer then CAREFULLY screw in the end cap SO THAT THE THREAD IS NOT DAMAGED.

The Parker Hale is a very good efficient silencer when used with subsonic ammo. Unless youve ******** it ther's no need to get another one.

The baffles are correct in that distorted shape. The shape makes the gas twist in the tube thus cooling and distrupting it as it goes. You should have a rod that goes with the silencer that you assemble the baffles onto and then slide then into the tube as one lump. the baffles go into the tube wall rim first and dont go past that rim. The rim creates a first chamber. when all of the baffles are in the tube there should be a plain washer then a sping washer then another plain washer then CAREFULLY screw in the end cap SO THAT THE THREAD IS NOT DAMAGED.

The Parker Hale is a very good efficient silencer when used with subsonic ammo. Unless youve ******** it ther's no need to get another one.

Ahhh...I thought the baffles had been distorted. The baffles I have go all the way to the bottom of the silencor too. There is about 18 of them in total. I don't have the rod though sadly as I bought the mod on the rimmy already. May just clean it all up and re-insert the baffles as carefully as I can then.

Cheers fortune. :blush:

One moderator fully stripped, cleaned and re-assembled. :blush: The baffles shouldn't go all the way down as mentioned above. I dropped into the gun shop to pick up the rod to re-insert the baffles correctly and also managed to remove the lower baffle that had been forced/dropped into the lower chamber.

Then I got carried away and floated the barrel, fitted the trigger kit gave everything a good clean and wipe over. Just waiting for the oil to dry fully now prior to re-assembling it all again. :hmm::blush: