Target day out

PC Futrett

Just had another great day out with the lads shooting targets. The weather in bonnie Scotland could not have been better. We were shooting the usual plastic drinking bottles from 150 yards out to 350 yards at 50 yard intervals. Savage had his 7mm with him and we were smashing stones at some huge distances somewhere between 700 to 1200 yards absolutly superb. Resolve IT did some good hits out to 450 yards good shooting Dave. Savage was pretty hot also with his 7mm.

What do other rifle shooters do for fun/practise???

All shooting was carried out safely before anyone thinks we were just blasting at anything. Most shots were on a slight downslope so strikes were grounding out. :D

Thank ee koynd sir, I did have a superb afternoon, and your shots to the bottom of the park werent bad either, Back to work tomorrow, ****e, not to worry the weekends only 5 days and counting, shoulders a bit bloody sore after shooting the 7mm canon,, no sign of Dave B Yet?

See ya

PS Ta for the over and under, it was well looked after :D

William.

Sorry mate I read your post of 09 April wrong.  I thought you said in the opening sentence that you had no FAC.  I picked that up as meaning you didn't have a Firearms Certificate, but I think you meant that you don't have a rifle.  Didn't want you running about with a gun if you had no certificate!

William,

Over here in NI we are issued with a Firearms Certificate which you need for air rifles (of any ft/lb), shotguns and rifles (.22 rimfire only).  The good news is that your NI FAC covers all your weapons.  For instance, my air rifle, shotgun and rimfire are all listed on my FAC.  I've copied the relevant passage from the PSNI website below.

"The Firearms (NI) Order 1981 states that, unless exempted,

a firearm certificate is required for the purchase and possession of firearms and ammunition in Northern Ireland.

This makes it an offence for any person to have in their possession, purchase or acquire a firearm or ammunition without holding a firearm certificate in force at the time. One firearm certificate will cover all firearms legally in your possession."

I think it's a great system because you don't have to apply for a seperate shotgun and rifle licence, and not many NI gun dealers would even dream of stocking a 12ft/lb air rifle.  The only **** bit is that we can only own .22 rimfire rifles!   :D

Are you restricted to a single Rim fire or several. Over here we have to specify what we require before we get the licence and if you dont take up the option before your renewal comes up you loose that caliber. You also need GOOD reason to have what you have, vermin control on its own is not enough.

The message from the police is use it or loose it thats the rules