What is the major difference between 28g carts and 24g carts for clay pigeon shooting.the shot travells quicker from 24g but has less pellets.Is that a question or a statement ??

Im thinking of buying 500 hull intercomp in 24g but worried my semi auto wont cycle it.Buy/beg/borrow a box and try them then :lol:

Its a browning silver

Ok thanks.My clay ground only does the HULL carts i like in 24g as they say that there "own brand cartridges" are an exact replica of the hull 28g version.

What a load of **** they are talking, just trying to get me to buy there own brand for the same price of a decent cartridge like hull.

Regards

In terms of shooting 24g over 28g, i have been shooting them on and off for a while now, and have to say that i felt they were producing considerably less recoil, which in turn can only be good for your shoulder in later life?!?

I didn't notice any decrease in my scores, and nor was i concious that the loads were less in terms of breaking the clays.

I would say that you should shoot whatever you are comfortable with, but at least give them a try before you write them off completeley.

Stu

I've shot 24g loads for the last year or so and haven't noticed any drop in scores. Only reason I'd go for 28g loads is to make sure your auto cycles on them (my old 303 is a bit sticky on them). As already suggested, but a single box or two and give them a go.

I'd go for a 24g with a bit of wellie in it. Will still recycle you semi, but will not have the fatigue of 28gs.

I changed from 28g to 24g about 5 years ago when I noticed I shot far more straights in DTL / Skeet and ABT using 24s in practice than I did with 28g in competition.

I concluded ( and many others have found the same) that the brain rattling the 28g produces upsets your concentration more than 24g. So although theres less lead out there, you are better albe to control it, hence higher scores.

I like HVE 24g for general work - Skeet / DTL, and if I need some reach, I go for Excel 24g. Hit anything with these.

Clayman