tuning my smk xs79

ferretman

Save the money for a bit longer, and buy a new air rifle. To be honest (not offensive) you can turn a simple rifle into something better then it already is. I have been there, and put a lot of effort, and time into it, but it will still shoot the same. Obviously you are aware that you cannot 'tune' the power up, so in all honesty, theres nothing much worth doing with that rifle to make it shoot better, unless you want it to look better. (theres a few mods for that air rifle about).

Save the money for a bit longer, and buy a new air rifle. To be honest (not offensive) you can turn a simple rifle into something better then it already is. I have been there, and put a lot of effort, and time into it, but it will still shoot the same. Obviously you are aware that you cannot 'tune' the power up, so in all honesty, theres nothing much worth doing with that rifle to make it shoot better, unless you want it to look better. (theres a few mods for that air rifle about).

well i have been told you can tune the power up i am having it done thanks mate for advice tho

Lots of people pull the 78's down, very rare they have ever shot one though. The cheapest way of getting a precharged handling gun. The luxury :good: model with gold bolt etc. with a few hours fettling becomes a lovely to use gun, although admittedly not as good as say an s410 accuracy wise, definitely as accurate as any springer due to lack of recoil. Also near silent with the right silencer. And highly convenient with the co2 air source.

The 79 tunes the same, but has horrible balance, and if a silencer is fitted becomes so nose heavy it's untrue.

I do agree your mad to spend that much on your gun. If it was £130 for a fully fettled gun including the cost of the gun fair enough, but to spend £70 ish plus £130 you could have bought a precharged brocock hunter used, or a really good used springer and scope. Guns like 78's only make sense if they are cheap.