that bloomin blair

skb 557

blair.jpg (5661 bytes)

The "false and designing" man of the 1990s, Tony Blair MP, who got himself elected as Prime Minister in part by scapegoating 57,000 innocent law-abiding people for the crimes of one madman in his speech at the 1996 Labour Party Conference.

i hope the photo comes though but ill say sorry now as know me it wont

Both lots are as bad as each other when there's cheap and temporary political advantage to be had. Most of them are on the make and would knife, fillet and sell their own grandmothers for another day with their snouts in the trough.

Totally agree with you there maiden. :blink: All in the game for themselves. We just gotto choose the lesser of the evils (if there is one)

What you say is true Maiden , but there is no getting away from the fact that its the Tories that with the exception of the CROW Act ( which had minimual impact on shooting ) who have introduced all the other main laws govening shooting , Firearms act \ restrictions after Dunblain and the gunman who ran amonk with a AK47 in Wiltshire , Newbury I think , the Countryside and wildlife act 1982 and its later up date , Protection of birds act 1953 and so on.

While I cant stand the man and have no time for the Labour Party let us not forget under which govenment the majority of anti shooting\ wildlife protection laws have come in under , Yes our suposed supporters the Tories.

Both lots are as bad as each other when there's cheap and temporary political advantage to be had. Most of them are on the make and would knife, fillet and sell their own grandmothers for another day with their snouts in the trough.

Well said Maiden22 - my feelings exactly

Not all wildlife protection laws are bad. Without them, there are enough retards out there who would have blasted every living thing into extinction by now. Whilst most sportsmen have a responsible attitude towards the countryside, there are plenty who just get off on killing things - anything will do, as long as they can waste it. :blink:

Well said Maiden22 - my feelings exactly

Not all wildlife protection laws are bad. Without them, there are enough retards out there who would have blasted every living thing into extinction by now. Whilst most sportsmen have a responsible attitude towards the countryside, there are plenty who just get off on killing things - anything will do, as long as they can waste it. :blink:

Agree totally with this. It's just a shame that governments seem to blunder into things without thinking through the consequences of their actions. As you say, there are a lot of sportsmen and others who use, manage and love the countryside and the wildlife and game that live there. Unfortunately, when it comes to making legislation about fieldsports and the countryside, these people are ignored at best, and persecuted at worst.

It's not that I think that this government is especially vindictive (although in my opinion banning fox-hunting was just a spiteful abuse of power). It's more that they are incompetent, and are less worried about improving things than they are about being seen to be "doing something", whether there's a problem to be solved or not.

It's also a shame that so many MPs seem so totally removed from the reality of life, particularly life in the countryside. They seem to think that it would be a lovely place, if only we could get rid of those nasty huntsmen, shooters, gamekeepers, farmers etc. that spoil it for all the people in Islington that like to visit it at the weekend.

im pleased to here such thought out resposes to to this matter it really frustrates me how those in power are so removed from the every day people

yhey make these silly rules with no thought or regard for others an it seems they will say anything to sell themselves that little bit more

they have no experiance in finding a home or work as they come from such priverliged backgrounds ie a nice school straight into uni and straight on the bench i know it has'nt always been like this but i would love to see how they cope with being dropped of in an unknow city with little money then having to find a place to live ,get on the dole then move on into imploiment as so many in this country have to,,,, they'd end up on drugs selling the big issiue no doubt

it'd make a great tv show..

I know not all are the same as one of my local mp's mr steven bradey is a down to earth realistic gentalman who is true to his city and its residents ive met him a few times and when i was homeless he got me a flat and it took 1week but before i met him id been trying to find a place to live for nearly a year i became homeless after looseing my job to a polish fella who would work cheeper and more hours,, i dont blame the polish bloke at the end of the day he came here to work and better him self as alot of brits move to spain or where ever i blame the goverment for letting this happen they let in who ever it seems as their jobs are safe it seems all the disitions they make dont affect them or their way of life and this needs to stop i strongly belive we are living in a police state and things are only going to get worse our rights are being violated not long ago we were asked to give up our basic needs of privercey for protection against terroisom now we cannot walk anywere or even sit in our own homes without being moniterd i know this is erlevant but ive stud on the street in londen were one of the busses was blown up and the no: of the buss wasnt even on any of the stops down that street and the same morning the local police were doing a training exersice on how to react if we were attact by bombs on busses,,,,im sorry but i dont buy none of this i fear for our lives and our freedom since anchant rome the powers that be have being courseing probleims just so they can sell the cure to gain even more power and control in our lives but what can we do to stand up to this tirany?:good:?

im sorry for my poor spelling and grammer,,,,and these are my thoghts and belifes and i dont mean to course afence and im sorry if i have.......paul...[skb 557]

skb 557 is right - some MPs are decent and do care about their constituents. Would never vote Labour (or any of the others at the moment) but Kate Hoey stands out as a principled and independent MP. I seem to remember her taking a very public stand against the fox-hunting ban, and that couldn't have been easy for a Labour MP. I think she's defied the government on a lot of other matters, but she doesn't seem to be a "professional trouble-maker", more someone with a brain and a conscience. I think we could do with a few more like her instead of the massed ranks of witless lobby-fodder that do anything they're told.

I think you're right about their lack of life experience as well skb - for a lot it is school, university, lawyer or local government wonk / local party hack, then into the House of Commons. Can't see how this qualifies them for taking decisions that affest the lives of millions.

Hoey sticks out like a sore thumb in the labour party. I hope she has a long political life :good:

LB

Great points being made in this thread. The main problem seems to be how strongly particular groups lobby the MPs and are willing to go to great lengths to embarrass those MPs. These lobbyists use all the great emotional leverage they can muster, then when that is insufficient, they begin on the moral crusade which can quickly become very personal to the MPs - example - "oh, so you want to be one of those cited in the press as being pro fox hunting then?" Take bets on which way the MP goes? Good for Kate Hoey - as long as she continues in that vein - we have the makings of an honest politician - or is that one of those contradictions in terms? :good:

Pushkin :good: