.222 and silencer

5m3gm4

Hi folks,

does anyone have any experience with a .222 and a silencer?

Does it work, or is it the old story about the supersonic boom?

I just want to know if there´s a way to really silence a .222 without

subsonic ammo.

Claus

No there is not. If want fairly quiet, you will have to load your own subsonic rounds. And yes, it's the supersonic noise that can't be silenced.

I would imagine they are little bit quieter than .223's, so with a decent mod the sound will be cut to about that of hypersonic .22 rimfire level - or there abouts.

Only from behind, there's still a lot of noise out in front.

The quarry will only hear it if you miss though :yes:

i use a moderated .222 ,and belief me with out the mod,youll fill ya shorts and suffer with tinitus for a few hours.with the mod it s still fairly loud to others ,but get used to it when you shoot regularly.first timers with guns will jump when it s fired with or without mod,but it is noticeable differrance :yes:

I would imagine they are little bit quieter than .223's, so with a decent mod the sound will be cut to about that of hypersonic .22 rimfire level - or there abouts.

Only from behind, there's still a lot of noise out in front.

The quarry will only hear it if you miss though :yes:

:hmm::hmm: Like it!! :yes::hmm:

i use a moderated .222 ,and belief me with out the mod,youll fill ya shorts and suffer with tinitus for a few hours.with the mod it s still fairly loud to others ,but get used to it when you shoot regularly.first timers with guns will jump when it s fired with or without mod,but it is noticeable differrance :yes:

Tinitus from a .222, try a 300WM with a brake on, that'll make your ears ring.

and grow flags outa yer bum :hmm: :hmm: :yes:

Tinitus from a .222, try a 300WM with a brake on, that'll make your ears ring.

BAH!!!Beat me to it , my .308 and 9,3 both have short barrlea and brakes on , its somthing else to shoot these guns!!Thought I'de done permenant damage last year hunting in Texas.I normally don't use protection as I only shoot about a round a week at a pig or a deer, however in Texas it was like 6 or 7 every evening, man I bought some ear defence very quickly!!

I also shoot a 9,3x62 :good: . I KNOW what happens without eardefences... I´ve been shooting about 40 rounds per weekend last year and I shot the .222 without earplugs. It was no such roar. It´s like the hi-hat compared to a bass drum. IMO it´s too different to compare. But it definitely makes your ears ping for more than a while... That´s why I hoped a compensator could make at least a little difference.

BUT: If ya really wanna have a lasting ping try the .30R-Blaser! I´ve been shooting a K95 in .30R... That´s BAD even with earplugs. Even the 8x68S is not as bad as this evil ******.

5m3gm4

Well, I think you are all girls :)

Try laying next to this thing blasting dirt in your face and shock waves through your guts all morning :lol:

Now what is it? :D It doesn´t look that bad... It´s a little too military-like for me, but it looks like big fun! :yes: Is it

a .338LM?

The biggest marble i shot was the 8x68S. This thing is like an earthquake. You cannot breathe and you can taste the powder...

But it´s no eceryday-fun-thing! :hmm:

Claus