harrison trulock

Dougy

hi folk, been offered a SxS 12g ejector approx 80 years old, i have had a look on the www but cant find any info on it

can anyone on here point me in the right direction please, i would like to know how much to offer.

cheers dougy :no:

I saw a Trulock boxlock at auction last year, and as I buy all my shooting kit from Trulock & Harris, I did a bit of research. Jason Harris confirmed that there's no link between his business and the guns bearing the name Trulock. I can't remember whether he had bought the rights to the gunmaking name, or whether the RFD business's name is pure coincidence.

I think the Trulock guns were made in Ireland. The example I considered buying was a 1920s boxlock ejector with 30" barrels - a really beautiful gun. It was not cheap.

William Trulock was in business in Brittain St, Dublin in 1814, in the mid 19th century the firm changed it's name to Trulock and Harris. Harris was Trulock's son-in law.

At the turn of the century, the company became Trulock, Harris, and Richardson at 9 Dawson St. Dublin. So, if the gun has Trulock and Harris on it, its going to be 100 to 150 years old.

If you intend to buy it to use, check the chamber length, a lot of old guns were 2 1/2" chambered. Also bear in mind that it's a 100 plus year-old metal tube containing around 3 tons of pressure, and its very near your head.

The Trulock & Harris in Suffolk was formed in 1991, and is owned and run by Jason Harris.