tiscali

the hitman

I was with them but the relationship broke down when I had service problems. Took it all the way to the CEO who wanted it sorted but by then it was too - it was goodbye Tiscali and good riddance. But then I suppose most are the same.

Edited by Bagsy

I was originally with freedom 2 surf who were a very good independent isp, they sold out to pipex and service went down slightly, they then sold out to tiscali and the service has nose dived. i am migrating to adsl24 next weekend, been with freedom to surf 4 years but had enough.

hitman

iam on virgin media get free fone calls up to 8megs speed and free pc security all £19.99 a month might be worth checking out they have some good deals .i have been with virgin about 18 months with no problem with

tractorboy :yes:;):D

Tractor boy . Iam with virgin and have had a few problems .Wait until you have to contact them and get put through to the sub-continant . your problems will really start . If you do get put through ask to speak to an english speaker and they will transfer you to a supervisor who are english . Harnser .

harnser

will keep that in mind but as i said so far so good.

hitman

its still worth alook there other price bands virgin offer depends what type of spec you want? also i get between 3.1 to 5.7 meg as i am quite away from the exchange .hope you get sorted. tractorboy

I have been with Tiscali for 3 years with no problems. UNTIL NOW.

I pay for a 2MEG line, I have tested the line and it supports up to 1.5 MEG and for the last 4 weeks I have not seen download speeds past 400kbps. averages 250.

I shall be ringing them on monday for my MAC code, as I am paying £18.99 for a service that is usually twice as fast as dial-up speed, no matter what time - 6am, 4pm, mid day, midnight, whenever.

:yes:

Good luck j@mes , when i call tiscali , they insist on running a few tests on my router , and computer, then they tell me i have a firewall blocking the signal. I had enough and gave the guy a right earfull , then he admitted the problem was with them.

Its working better today ( SO FAR).

We were with Tiscali and their service was so poor, both connection wise and 'customer' service, that I told them where to stick it! They kept saying it was anyone else's problem but theirs which infuriated me. :hmm: I work from home sometimes and needed my internet connection and if I'm paying for something then I want it to work. Their staff were rude and just useless!

Now with BT and so far so good. :hmm: