The Joys of a gamekeeper- Part 2-- Might make you think.

Well here is another little message for all of those hopefull gamekeepers out there who are thinking about running a shoot/big or small.

Ill keep it brief, and say that it doesnt often happen but here goes.

Whilst politely asking someone who was walking on a margin to please keep to the footpath, i was threatened with my cap being thrown off, the delightful words of something along the lines of.

"If i see you again ill knife u"

And the general abuse of swearing, and clutching his fist etc.

Of course the police have been told.

May make you reconsider becoming a game keeper after that sort of threatening, certainly shaken me up.

Alex :good:

I really can't understand why they have to get so hysterical?! They must know they are in the wrong, it's not like it's ambiguous, they are not on the foot path, therefore they are trespassing and yet time after time people, when caught where they shouldn't be, react in this way. :good:

Our shoot captain asked one (after he had finished slagging us all off) how he'd like it if someone took a potter around the bottom of his garden and then, when asked to leave, called his mum a slag. The bloke just told him to **** off and stormed off. Some people are pure scum. :D

my dad caught this bloke up the wood one afternoon as we were going pigeon shooting. he had a lucher and he was using it to chase and catch the deer. My dad askes him what hes doing and tells him to get off this land, as my dad had his shotgun with him the bloke say your threatening me, dad pasted the gun to his mate and just said next time you up here with that dog bring a bag with you. What for the bloke said? Because you will be talking you dog home in it!

Not seen him since and the word soon gets around!

Ferretboy sorry to hear the amount of tw*ts you seem to get on your shoot but i must say well done for keeping your cool. and certaI know i would have had trouble keeping my cool if someone started threatening me, inly the head keeper on ours would have lost his temper ive seen it many times before.

Pete, i would warn against doing such things, i know of farmers that have had trucks, barns, hay stacks etc burn out because of threatening poachers and coursers.

GH

2 right mate spot on :lol::good::yes:

• 2 weeks later...

A general polite word usually does the trick, as ..

"oi mate , were having a deer cull, d'yas mind sticking to the foot path ,by the signes over yander..so we knows where ya'd be!!

wouldnt like ya to get done in the crossfire, as we wudnt know what ya were..cheers bud..have a gud day ! :blush:

" **** silly w*n*r carnt the **** read!!"......bless :D

or generally if there with dogs..

take the mod off the 7mm & blow a couple off !! amaisin' how quick they move on !! :hmm:

Tip

always carry a bar of soap in your pocket, on such occasions make a good froth in your mouth and pursue the culprit asking if he has seen a sick looking dog as you think he has rabies and you need to get him to the vets, normally works