Keeping Crows off Feeders

Have about 40 feeders scattered over a large area, I was thinking more of Mods to the feeder.

Well i see your point, but we have over 200 scattered over a wide area, they only hit one or two of them at a time. It's just a case of hitting them at the same time.

As for modifications to the feeders, erm no, they are intelligent birds (unlike pheasants) modify to the extent to exclude crows and your pheasants wont have a scooby doo how to feed !!!

If you are sufficiently remote you could hang a couple of dead crows near your most affected feeders. But you wil have problems if members of the great unwashed have access to the land. Similarly you could try a ladder trap but these are expensive things in terms of time and materials to replace/repair when they are smashed up by do-gooders.

As for modifications to the feeders, erm no, they are intelligent birds (unlike pheasants) modify to the extent to exclude crows and your pheasants wont have a scooby doo how to feed !!!

Was working on some sort of cover round the base of the feeder (brash?) enclosing it a little, I don't think Pheasants would be put off but wouldn't have thought Crows would like being enclosed without full vision of their surroundings. Just wondering what others did thats all.

Was working on some sort of cover round the base of the feeder (brash?) enclosing it a little, I don't think Pheasants would be put off but wouldn't have thought Crows would like being enclosed without full vision of their surroundings. Just wondering what others did thats all.

Now that is smart thinking, nice one JR ! :blush: