Hello all,

Went out lamping this evening, and luckily have seen two cubs, both in different areas, so im assuming its two earths as they were not very old- I didnt shoot either of them.

Best method to kill them all, is to leave them alone, and get the terriers in to flush them out to the gun. If i shot the one i saw, the mother would move the rest and make life alot more harder to catch up with them.

Ill have a distanced look around the sites tomorrow.

Time was around 10 pm, both in secluded areas near grass paddocks.

Good luck in finding some of yours.

Alex

:)

P.s in the Sporting shooter magazine there is a nice little article on dealing with fox earths.

Edited by Ferretboy111

Well last night was the night to sort out the cubs- They were there 2 days ago and hadnt been disturbed by myself--- But annoyingly after spending a few hours trying to find them, the vixen must of moved them into the near by rape field- a few days before.....

Really annoyed, there were pheasant, duck and hares dead around the earth, which was under the biggest pile of logs and brambles in the world.

Ah well, ill just have to keep an eye out for her.

Alex :look:

Hello all,

Went out lamping this evening, and luckily have seen two cubs, both in different areas, so im assuming its two earths as they were not very old- I didnt shoot either of them.

Alex

:look:

Alex dont forget as soon as they are off milk they often split the cubs some one place some another and the Vixon will go between the two earths, its the old eggs and baskets situation :look:

• 2 weeks later...