binoculars

Hi just wondering which are the best Bins to get for all round work was thinking of 9x27x50 Strathbys or should i go for a standard 10x50 with no zoom facility ? :good::lol: your views would be helpful ... :look: cheers :look:

Hi just wondering which are the best Bins to get for all round work was thinking of 9x27x50 Strathbys or should i go for a standard 10x50 with no zoom facility ? :good::lol: your views would be helpful ... :look: cheers :look:

Depends what you want them for........

It has come to my attention one of your bits of ground neighbours corton nudist camp.

Hi just wondering which are the best Bins to get for all round work was thinking of 9x27x50 Strathbys or should i go for a standard 10x50 with no zoom facility ? :lol: :lol: your views would be helpful ... :look: cheers :lol:

LOL well mate they would come in handy for that :good: But your mind obviously went there for some reason :look: I was thinking more for spotting wildfowl and genral observation in my quest for Pigeons. :lol::lol:

:lol: Your comment with regards to the nudist beech ,,, does this explain the all over tan your have or is it spray on :lol::lol::lol::D

I would not bother with zoom, too much fiddling around and 10X mag is plenty enough for general scoping. I recently bought dome Opticron Counbryman 10X50 and find them very good. A lot cheaper than swaro's but just fine for knocking around with out in the field.

The best way though is to get to a shop and look through some as what suits one persons eyes might not suit anothers.

Jerry

:good: bought a set of the deben classic 10x50 and theyre not bad at all 49.95,

my mates got a set of swarovski 8x50 slc, but uses mine cos hes scared they get

wet, and can never find them, he blames his wife for not packing his bag properly :yes::good:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wear galsses and my eyes get used to a certain focus with them on and take a minute or two to get back to normal when I take them off, and sometimes I leave them on anyway. So I really like binos where each eyepiece can be easily focussed with finger and thumb. Sounds fiddly but very easy, and I can keep track of my eyes changing as they get back to normal.

I dont like the ones where you focus them in and out for one eye, using a central pinion then fine tune the remaining eyepeice separately.

Don't go lower than 40mm objective lens, the picture aint that good, unless you want to spend a bomb. I have a cracking pair of 7x50 Omega which are at least 40 years old. When you get both eyepieces focussed something just clicks in your brain to tell you its right.

If you can forget the binos are there and see perfectly when totally relaxed then you have a pair thats right for you.

I ahve a pair of 'sport' 12x25 - praktika so a reasonable make, good for a quick glance but far too dark and small a sight picture.