Cocker spaniel stud dog

quote name='pest control man' date='May 15 2008, 05:54 PM' post='516208']

Hello all, we are looking for a lemon and white cocker spaniel dog to cover our roan bitch,hopefully in Bedfordshire ,Hertfordshire or surrounding areas. He must be working stock :yp: .

I have got a cracking lemon and white dog i am in essex ,but when do you want him as he is only 8 months old

post-11992-1210871696.jpg[

post-11992-1210871984.jpg

How can you think about offering for stud at 8 months old?:wub:?;)?

He hasnt even completed a working season

Well said Millomite, the dog is too young. Give him a couple of years otherwise you may ruin him, putting him with a bitch when he's too young.

Just wondering. why particularly a lemon and white, are you after specificly coloured pups? because there's no gaurentee you will get them. I have a tri-colour stud dog who has thrown every colour possible(but no tri's) even on repeat matings the litters have been different, first mating produced 11 pups, blacks, chocalates, golds, lemon roan, blue roans and liver and white. The repeat mating 7 pups, 4 blacks, 2 chocalates and 1 liver and white.

Rick.

read it properly i dont thinkhe is offering him so young :wub:

The fact is that he was asking when for. The dog's 8 months old and there's no way of telling whether he'll have a hard mouth etc. Granted the dog will probably turn out to be a good worker, but there's stud dogs out there fully trained and proven

your right my apologies!

read it properly i dont thinkhe is offering him so young ;)

The fact is that he was asking when for. The dog's 8 months old and there's no way of telling whether he'll have a hard mouth etc. Granted the dog will probably turn out to be a good worker, but there's stud dogs out there fully trained and proven

Godammit your right again, apology withdrawn!

Hi guys, well a simple little question set the ball rolling. We were just enquiring if there was anyone in our area because we haven't been able to find someone. We are not ready yet either to put our bitch with a male but trying to be prepared for her next season as we don't want to leave it to the last minute. We are not pinning everything on getting a lemon & white from the litter but it would be nice.

'Jasonsgold' - thanks for the reply if we could have your email details we will contact you nearer to the time we are ready.

Your lemon & white is beautiful - where did you buy him from. Thanks

My dog has been retrieving raw eggs in shells for 3 months and the other day he nipped next door and picked up one of there chickens and was carrying it around ,still alive so he has got and will have a soft mouth and obviously i am not offering him yet as he is to young but as good working stock, lemon roans are so few and far between its nice to get to know the potential dam owners

read it properly i dont thinkhe is offering him so young :D

My dog has been retrieving raw eggs in shells for 3 months and the other day he nipped next door and picked up one of there chickens and was carrying it around ,still alive so he has got and will have a soft mouth and obviously i am not offering him yet as he is to young but as good working stock, lemon roans are so few and far between its nice to get to know the potential dam owners

lovely dogs you have there jason :blink: ,it is a shame you have to explain yourself when answering the post though :cry1: , good luck with them both :blink:

read it properly i dont thinkhe is offering him so young :blink:

for christ sake mate get a life read into it ,stop trying to be a know it all if you new owt you would have chuckled at it not tryed to be a **** :blink:

for christ sake mate get a life read into it ,stop trying to be a know it all if you new owt you would have chuckled at it not tryed to be a **** :blink:

Well in fairness millomite has a point and he's entitled to make it, I don't think it warrants calling the lad a ****. :D:cry1::no:

PHEZ

Calling names and insulting people for having and expressing Valid concerns and opinion is not allowed on this site nor will it be tolerated.

NTTF

Why chuckle? It's a serious matter that people need advice on.

Until your dog has proven itself in the field, been shot over and worked a couple of seasons, the topic of responsible breeding shouldn't even be on your mind. You have no idea at all how an 8 month old pup is going to develop, regardless of what it achieving at present....this is not aimed directly at jasonsgold, but as a point regarding anyone thinking of breeding.

And as a footnote...putting a bitch to the lemon and white is absolutely no guarantee of the bitch throwing that colour.

Edited by Stig