ive got a problem with the tax on my car

flash

i need some help regarding tax for my car.

its due this sunday, but we have a problem.

we cant find the insurance, registration and mot certificate. weve found the MOT document but cant find any of the others. we believe there up in surrey at dad MOD house, and im down in devon. i cant do it online as it takes 2 weeks and i need it between now and the end of college.

is there any other way we can prove it without these documents, surely they can do a check up with DVLA if we provide ID.

cheers

flash

The only way to do it without producing your docs is to do it online. It will get sent to your house. The plod, if for some reason decide to do a vehicle check on you, it will come up that you have car tax, however, it is an offence to 'not display' a valid tax disc. If you where to get stopped and they noticed you wernt displaying a valid tax disc then I guess its up to them if they try to do you or not.

You should have a reminder form its blue and has all the details on with this reminder you can tax your car online and if theres a valid insurance and mot they don't need to see them as there digitally recorded on the dvla system

this is also used on the automatic number plate recognition system

all you need is the number from this form , it takes less than 2 weeks and tbh your provided with a reference number that you can display In the window with a note saying you have taxed the car and are awaiting delivery of the license...

You can be charged with failing to display a valid license ,but this would take a keen copper persisting to take it to summons if you where found with no tax disk in the window tbh it will show you have taxed the car on the system , if you did get this treatment then you could opt for a court hearing and take the disk and documents with you to court and i would be confident in saying you would be sent away before you got to see the judge and not be fined !!

i have run around whilst waiting for the disk but tbh i only park legally and drive sensibly so my chances of a stop where slim !!!

its your call besides the online option you can ask for a dupe insurance document @ a cost an get a dupe mot again at a cost and vist the local dvla office and explain the situation i assume they could make you apply for a new v5 again at a cost ...

The wife just reminded me that my daughters tax was 9 days late off the

internet,but a traffic cop said it was on thier system as taxed,when he

stopped her for a brake light out,,but you need the tax reminder

to do it on the net.

The place where you had your MOT done can provide a second copy from their records. There is usually a small charge for this. I know you said you had yours though.

Ring your insurance company and ask them to fax a copy of your certificate to you asap.

Vehicle docs - Can your dad not hunt them out and post them asap? Or meet him half way to collect them?