Light

Maiden22

The sooner the price falls the better for me. My van used to be about £65 to fill up. Now it is well over £95 if almost dry. That extra money has to be found somewhere so I have to pass it onto my customers.

If prices don't tumble soon i'm certain there will end up being mass protests on a weekly basis.

With all the recent interest in / posts on fuel prices, thought some of you might be interested in this:

(BDT Invest is a boutique investment house, focusing mainly on the Far East and Emerging Markets)

Oil will fall to $60 a barrel, says BDT manager

Friday 30th May 2008: 11:24

By Natalie Kenway

Commodities will halve in price in the next five years and oil could fall to $60 a barrel in that time, according to BDT Invest founder Henry Thornton.

Thornton, manager of the firm’s Asia fund, said over the next six months the oil price could spike to $200 but the higher it gets the lower it will fall.

He said in developed regions oil is being charged at $130 a barrel but consumers in countries such as China, India and Indonesia where there is the fastest demand, consumers are paying the marginal cost of production, $60 a barrel.

“At some point in the emerging markets this will come up to the world price and the demand will fall over on its back. The price will retreat and settle at the marginal cost of production around $60. In the next six months it is likely to hit $200 but the more it goes, the harder and faster it will fall.â€

This is from an IFA trade rag called Investment Week. I get email updates from them all the time, and you have to take it with a pinch of salt - I've no doubt that there'll be another opinion along in a minute to the effect that oil prices will double every week for the next 10 years. For what it's worth, I think he's probably got it wrong.

Still, if he's right then fuel prices might not necessarily be sky high forever.

Robert

Perhaps this guy is up on a murder charge and is trying to prove his insanity? :good:

Nuts to petrol.

something much more serious is afoot

I have just been to a charity shop in Cheadle and chose three books.

Three paperback thrillers and I did not have enough money to pay for them.

i had nearly eight quid in my sky.

Went across the road to Oxfam.

Even more expensive.

Unbelievable. There are going to be a lot of skinny kids around the world if this keeps up.

it is cheaper to buy a book in Tescos than at a charity shop.

The went into Hapmsons for a sausage roll, I could only afford small at 55p.

I feel sullied

jim

Jee's i sure do hope this guy knows what he is talking about and has got his prediction bang on, because its getting stupid.

All i hear every day without fail is how much things cost, i dont want to talk about it anymore, its driving me nuts, forget recession, i think its depression that is going to hit the country first :good:

Jee's i sure do hope this guy knows what he is talking about and has got his prediction bang on, because its getting stupid.

All i hear every day without fail is how much things cost, i dont want to talk about it anymore, its driving me nuts, forget recession, i think its depression that is going to hit the country first :good:

:good::oops:;):good: