Still not as clever as that dog on Britains got talent

death from below

News article published today

Man killed in freak farm accident

Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 June 2008, 10:29 GMT- Search: Scotland freak accident

A farmer has been killed in a freak accident involving a sheepdogA farmer has died after a sheepdog accidentally pinned him against a wall with a farm machine.

The man, named locally as Harry Emslie, 67, did not survive the freak accident at a farm at Clola near Peterhead in Aberdeenshire.

The Daily Record reported that the dog was in the cab of a telescopic loader machine while the engine was still running and the handbrake off.

The dog reportedly hit a button which caused the machine to jump forward and pin Mr Emslie against the wall.

Mr Emslie, said: "I've heard that the dog was in the telescopic loader and Harry had been out scraping up some rubbish with a hand shovel and putting it in the front of the loader.

"The dog had put forward the lever and the machine moved forward and pinned Harry against the wall. It's just a tragedy."

Grampian Police said: "It would appear the 67-year-old man was fatally injured in the incident which involved a tractor unit. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained."

Police and the Health and Safety Executive have launched an investigation into the death.

A post-mortem examination will be carried out and a report submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.

The dog reportedly hit a button which caused the machine to jump forward and pin Mr Emslie against the wall.

It's sad when someone looses a life while earning a living, RIP.

Mr Emslie, said: "I've heard that the dog was in the telescopic loader and Harry had been out scraping up some rubbish with a hand shovel and putting it in the front of the loader.

How did he say that, was he speaking from........... The Other Side? :hmm:

At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.

do do do do, do do do do :yes:

There is nothing wrong with your pc monitor, do not attempt to adjust the picture ...

Nothing humerous Ownewill, Jerico is merely commenting on the incorrect post. Jesus Christ Man some people on this forum need to relax, even if he does find it humerous its nothing to do with you and its his opinion. Stop policing the forum! He has the RIGHT to say that, just relax it does NO harm!

Got a life thanks, unlike the poor ****** reported in this tragic incident. I'd be the first to complain about do-gooders moaning about stuff on this forum but this partiqular story I found upsetting, maybe me being a farmer and spending hours on a telehandler every day made it strike a nerve that normally wouldn't affect me. It's correct, someone elses opinion is none of my business, therefore my opinion is none of theirs

I think its terrible, however a dog that can drive a telehandler, come on, thats got to be a britains got talant winner!!!

Unfortunate for the farmer who lost his life whilst demonstrating the dogs capabilities....

Watch out Ice, Owenwill will be after you for that one! How can you say your opinion is none of his business when its refering to him directly ? That actually made me laugh! His opinion isn't any of your business. HOWEVER your opinion is refering to HIM and therefore DOES effect him. He is the SUBJECT of what you said! :blink:

Can't we just leave it all alone ? Alot of people have strange sense of humor. Nothing you can do, if you dont like the post or comments then dont read it or them. You have the choice not to partake instead of just having a go at other people for what they said! :good:

Nothing humerous Ownewill, Jerico is merely commenting on the incorrect post. Jesus Christ Man some people on this forum need to relax, even if he does find it humerous its nothing to do with you and its his opinion. Stop policing the forum! He has the RIGHT to say that, just relax it does NO harm!

true, this forum needs to reeeeeeelax at times :good: