Back from my hols

Topgunners

Hi All.

Just got back from my holiday in Es Cana.

Had a great time and hot weather, nice tan and did my 1st scuba dive.

LOVED IT. Watch out shooting(might be taking a back seat).

And also won 2 certificates for winning the Rifle Shooting competition. " Applows, Applows" bloody spanish dialects. :yes::P

Saturday morning, we met up and set off on our usual reccying runs in and around the farms and could only find a few pigeons flitting about on the clover.

Decided to set up in 2 spots and within minutes we had started shooting pigeons and after a short while we had an invited GUEST arrive who was wanting to try out his new semi-auto .

he jumped in with Alan and we shot in fast and steady flurries all day long and I could hear the ^&^%$^&^** from where I was; coming from their hide.

At pack up, I went over to find out what all the ^&&**&&*& was about, and laughed my head off as DAVID (brummie) explained he had been tempted to bend, break, smash or ditch his gun into the pond behind him because he had missed no end of birds that he wouldn't normally have done.

I told him Alan & myself had gone through the same experience with our semi's but it would all come right in the end.

We picked up a total of 208 pigeons ; MOST of them gratefully taken by our GUEST , F.O.C . "drinks on you next time David".

And after begging and grovelling and thanking us for a TOP DAY we all departed.

Sunday it was just Alan & myself out as one of the boys couldn't get up and the other one had taken his girlfriend to Blackpool for the day.

We had a quick drive round first with the rimmy and shot 11 rabbits on the way to some other clover fields and then sat there deliberating for over 1/2 hour where we were going to set up as the birds were not about in any large numbers.

We finally decided 2 hides again in 2 seperate parts of the farm and one would join the other depending on where the most prolific action was.

Prolific action?:P did I say?.

"Not today josephine". After a couple of hours we picked up 25 and decided to go for some more rabbits.

Back onto the early morning farms and shot another 15 rabbits, 4 magpies, 2 squirrels and a Crow.

Nice weekend bag of

233 Pigeons

26 Rabbits

4 Magpies

2 Squirrels

1 Crow

Can't wait to check out the Barley and peas next week-end, as I am working away in HEREFORD /WORCS this week.

Gonna do a bit of door knocking on the local farms for a bit of Sport hopefully.

Nice to be back.

:good:

Dave K

Edited by Topgunners