Wasps' nest

Mungler

We had one in a loft extension we were working on. I had a young lad working with me at the time so got him to hold a bin bag underneath it whilst I sliced it off the ceiling with a shovel. Nest dropped into bin bag but the dumb apprentice never realised he needed to close the bag instantly after it had fallen in. His face and screams were amazingly funny as he ran down the stairs and through the customers house holding an open bag of seriously pi***d off wasps before lobbing it all in the skip. :lol: :yp: :lol: I genuinly dribbled a bit I laughed that hard. :lol:

The bag and spade works well though provided you remember to close the bag when it drops in. :lol:

My local club had the clay throwers stolen last year as well, I cann't see a big market in second clay equipment, must be scrap value !

We had one in a loft extension we were working on. I had a young lad working with me at the time so got him to hold a bin bag underneath it whilst I sliced it off the ceiling with a shovel. Nest dropped into bin bag but the dumb apprentice never realised he needed to close the bag instantly after it had fallen in. His face and screams were amazingly funny as he ran down the stairs and through the customers house holding an open bag of seriously pi***d off wasps before lobbing it all in the skip. :lol: :yp: :lol: I genuinly dribbled a bit I laughed that hard. :lol:

The bag and spade works well though provided you remember to close the bag when it drops in. :lol:

*****, did he get any pay back from the wasps.....

We had a whopper last year in a big flower pot planter thing in the garden.

I zapped it with a blow torch. There were thousands of them out and about and as they came back to the nest, they flew straight into the flames, or I zapped them in flight with the blow torch.....

Fast crosser left to right, give it more lead....

Right to left looper.

Incoming high

Quartering left to right low....

Hours of fun :lol:

Might not be a good idea in your loft, though :lol:

My local club had the clay throwers stolen last year as well, I cann't see a big market in second clay equipment, must be scrap value !

*****, did he get any pay back from the wasps.....

A couple got him but not many (un)fortunately. :lol:

Before I got rid of the neighbours nest with the spray I tried blocking the entrance with putty. Had to climb to top of ladder despite the fear of heights.Was pushing the putty in and wondered why it felt "furry" under my hand. They were pouring out of another hole next to the one I was blocking.Got away with 2 stings and a very amused family watching from indoors.

Got a wasps' nest in the eves of the house.

What's the best powder / remedy?

Mind you, if there is anyone out there who is actively looking for a wasps nest, PM me, buyer collects and I take Paypal :no:

Make Evil Elvis eat a catering tin of baked beans and shut him in the loft for a while. :hmm:

It may warp the roof trusses and melt the felt but there wont be any wasps left....