ady

Ady. What grouping are you getting? are you using a bipod? what pellet are you using? and what is the muzzle energy of your gun?

FM.

ello boys thanks for the replys im using a bipod and have tried all the .20 pells i can find.im using ben taylors eliminators now and they are ok.am i wanting to much im getting about 3/4 inch groups with the odd flier.the power is about 24 ftlbs with these.

Ady. What grouping are you getting? are you using a bipod? what pellet are you using? and what is the muzzle energy of your gun?

FM.

ello boys thanks for the replys im using a bipod and have tried all the .20 pells i can find.im using ben taylors eliminators now and they are ok.am i wanting to much im getting about 3/4 inch groups with the odd flier.the power is about 24 ftlbs with these.

3/4 ins at what sort of range....?

If its 30m plus I would be happy with that particularly as the gun will have a sweet spot where the reservoir is pushing out pellets consistantly at optimum velocity and power.

ello im back

got some h&n barracudas and these shoot nice and tight.

they look just like bisley mags.thet guy in city air arms reckons they are and that bisley dont make their own pellets and that h & n make them under licence them is this true.now gotta run em over the chrono tommorow and see what energy the give.

thanks for your time boys

ady :thumbs: :lol::lol:

i believe .20 can become unstable at very high speeds, a mates mfr has been turned down to 20-21ftlbs with lubed prems as he could not get it to group at 24ftlbs, HTH

red, apparently the bc is usualy very good with .20 and the heavier pellets are the weight of medium .22's giving flat tragectory and reasonable down range power.

wouldn't go that way myself due to lack of pellet choice.

got some h&n barracudas and these shoot nice and tight.

Now gotta run em over the chrono tommorow and see what energy the give.

thanks for your time boys

ady :thumbs: :lol::lol:

Baracudas in .20 are heavier than their published weight. Here's some accurate figures for .20 pellets I have to hand and weighed.

Published Weight : Pellet : Actual Weight

12.50 : Eliminator : 12.50

15.60 : Eliminator : 15.64

12.80 : Bisley Pest Control : 12.78

10.80 : Bisley Superfield : 11.58

14.30 : Crosman Accupel : 14.36

12.00 : Dynamic (tin) : 12.06

13.27 : H&N Baracuda : 14.36

10.19 : H&N Diabolo : 9.02

11.42 : H&N FTT : 11.50

11.42 : H&N Silhouette : 11.34

9.88 : H&N Hollow Point : 9.70

Tony

When Beeman first came out with their "R" series my father purchased an R1 and I purchased the R5. The "5" meant it was 5 millimeter or .20 caliber. Since then it has been re-designated as an R1 but still available in .20 caliber. Anyway, I loved it. It was very accurate and quite noisy, a very audible "crack". The reason my brother and I owned air rifles was because we lived in the city limits and no one seemed to hear us fire our airguns.

For more info on that rifle; http://www.beeman.com/r1.htm .

I/it liked the silver jets and silver bear pellets.

At the time the hype about the .20 caliber was that it was supposed to be a great combination of higher speed than a .22 pellet and heavier weight than the .177. The best of both worlds as it were.

I have a .20 rapid mk 2, it was ace in 12ftlbs , now i have it a 23 ftlbs and wouldnt turn back.

Ive had .22 and have a .177 daystate mk 3 (which im selling), and i think .20 is great...I know there are those whom will argue, but its just my veiw on things. (more fuel to the fire on the caliber debate) :)

At the end of the day, if you hit a bunny in its bonce (or what ever) it will die...i dont think it will have any comments on which caliber is best.