Any help please guys

squintshot

Ladies and gentlemen, I was wondering if any of you could help me. My Lanber over under has a problem, got to the shoot this morning and couldn't even open the gun half way, I took off the fore-end thinking it was on wrong and tried opening the gun and was able to take the barrels off. There was nothing apparently untoward refitted the barrels and fore-end still unable to open gun fully, after a bit of fiddling was able to get it open enough to put two carts in it was only when the first bird got up that a realised I only had the use of the bottom barrel. The ejector spring for the top unusable barrel was constanly setting so ejecting both the empty from the bottom and the unused from the top barrel. Got home stripped gun (cheers Lanber for your advice in the past). Here I was able to see the hammer for the top barrel wasn't being moved back far enough to catch and was just moving forward again.

Sorry to go on but harder to explain than I thought. Any advice to save a trip to the gunsmith would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Squint

Ps really missed not having two barrels could have been a much better day.

I was posting on here the other day Squint, telling a bod how good the Lanber was, now you have cocked it up!

Seriously though, I have not got a clue what you have done, although I have experienced a similar situation when cleaning my gun.

If you have the the gun stripped and manage to fire it open its a bitch to get back together.

Have you done this?

On the bright side, I can guarentee that your hit ratio will improve, one barrel always makes you try harder. :lol:

LB :thumbs:

Squintshot,

It is very difficult to correctly diagnose a problem unseen, but the fact that the top barrel ejects unfired indicates the tripping rod is stuck forward.there is normally a rod or bar running through the action floor that upon opening the gun pushes back and inturn pushes the hammer back which is then restrained by the sear.You said this is not happening on the top barrel so look in this area for the fault.Regards Salopian

Salopian

I have a Lanber as a second gun and I too have the problem of both cartridges ejecting after firing the bottom barrel. I also have a problem in that the second barrel sometimes will not fire. I took it to a gunsmith friend who fixed it but it didn't last very long and will need to go back again. It's not a huge problem and it should not be too expensive to fix(I'm sorry but I don't know the technicalities). He summed it up perfectly, (contrary to what others think on this forum)'They are cheap spanish rubbish' . He may be prejudiced though as he used to work as a gunsmith for a top firm of London gunmakers; and before you lot take me to task for agreeing to his sentiments my other gun is an AYA which i think are superbly made and excellent value for money.

Regards

P

Mind you down at the clay club the amount of times I have seen people with new berretas having problems with them , Double discharges ,barrels not firing and ejector problems .

Touch wood no problems yet with my new Lanber , probably put around 1500 rounds through him and he has been perfect . :thumbs:

Had a couple of minor problems with my old Lanber but I did not have a clue how old it was or what maintenance had been done on it . :lol:

Nowt wrong with the Lanber in my eyes as I love it when the posh un's come down to the stands with there dead expensive guns , I start talking to them ,then they usually start bragging about there expensive beauty , and then I usually give them a sound wupping on the clays ,then they ask "what gun is that and the price " their faces are a picture :lol:

To be honest Lanber must have some confidence in their product as mine came with a 5 year warranty . Just hope I dont have to use it . :lol:

Certainly is LB , But only those sort of people, as I shoot regularly with about 3 or 4 people that although they don't do that well really enjoy it , and I try to give my limited experience/advice to them and hope that they do get better ,as when they do shoot well , they are so chuffed as we all are . :thumbs:

Thanks for all the replies gents, I couldn't get to the computer yesterday so just took the gun in this afternoon to the gunsmith should get it back in a few days.

First probelm I've had with the gun can't fault it's performance otherwise just wish it would hit more!!!

Squint