clays near runcorn,warrington area

myzeneye

im in Runcorn, so to those of you who are in the merseyside or west cheshire area..... where are my local clay shooting grounds....

ive been going to north wales shooting school near deeside, but its a fair bit away and im sure there must be places closer.... warrington, lymm, frodsham,helsby, delamere way.....sthelens, liverpool etc etc etc .....

any suggested grounds will be worth a visit.....

thanks guys, hope someone can make some suggestions...

RAINFORD & DIST. C. T. C.

Ground Information

LODGE LANE FARM

BICKERSTAFFE

LANCASHIRE, A570 AT RAINFORD,

OPPOSITE THE PUB

Phone: 01744 885469

Club Secretary

Mr I Hartley

Phone: 01744 885469

********************************************************************************

Welcome to the Rixton Clay Pigeon Club web site. We are a small friendly Clay Pigeon club based just off the A580 East Lancashire road in Astley and have been established now for over 20 years. A warm welcome awaits shooters to this friendly club. Currently running a 30 bird shoot every other Sunday. We run fully automatic traps set up in a quiet part of Astley's countryside and alternate their location on every shoot so there is always something different every time you visit.

http://www.rixtoncpc.co.uk/index.htm

********************************************************************************

Manchester Clay

Shooting Club

Botany Bay Woods,

Grange Road, Eccles

Manchester M30

Tel: 07761 409 427 - Bookings & Enquiries

0161 653 4438 - Switchboard

Fax: 01704 566 554

Email: info@manchesterclayshooting.com

Fourgates

Our Lancashire venue is set amid rolling farmland west of the Pennines just off J6 M61. The venue boasts four covered layouts, with a number of different targets from various shooting disciplines for beginners to the experienced.

There is a large homely Clubhouse offering comfortable place to enjoy the full catering facilities, a super range of fast foods from burgers to an all day breakfast is available on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 4pm.

Facilities

Two Course Meal at Local Inn

Basic Meeting Facilities available in the Clubhouse

Our address is: A6 Clay Target Centre Ltd Reeves House Farm Fourgates Westhoughton Bolton BL5 3LY Just off J6 M61 turn right down the lane beside ATS Telephone: 01942 843578 Fax: 01204 369924

Hope this helps.

Ben

catton hall at frodsham mate. big ground, open wednsdays all day for practice and shoot most sundays i think.

i know mate.... two mins down the road.. i used to work there as a kid on the traps..... those where the days..... progressed onto running paintball.... bit snobby there though and mostly corporate days....

ill try it though, they may remember my baby face.... :yes: