Bsa Lightning Tactical or Gamo Whisper?

bigdave911

Thanks for getting back, Its just really hard to pick the right one there is so many contradicting reviews :blush:

I like the idea of the black modern look to these rifles thats why i had considered.

Maybe even a remington Genesis?

the weihrauch look very nice lol the list just seems to be getting bigger rather than smaller. :o

Im going to stick to .22 as i have shot .22 before and will be shooting mostly small rabbits and greys.

Haha im not going to start that argument here iv seen it soooo many times on here already. :stupid:

O and do you get universal bi pods or not?

I thought while i was picking a rifle i could start buying a few things i would need. :P

Just been down to my local gun shop. And had a chat with the guy there. Great guys down at Gows of Dundee. Got a feel of a few air rifles and to be fair i didnt really like the feel of the tactical and it is alot smaller than i had hoped! so i think thats out the window :lol:

What do people think of Gamo the guys there told me there gunsmith had one apart and said it was made of some quality parts.

mate i have to agree with bsa shaun..

ive owned many bsa rifles,still do, at one time i had 4 super10s.

gamos are basicly made by bsa, get the brochures an you will see.

i was verry interested in the gamo 1250??why 1250 ftps fac if you liked.

personnely i would give gamo a miss if i was you..

lightning to small??do you really want a long barrell pluss extra size with silencer to catch on fences,when you croutch it smacks off the floor??

for starters bi pod and springer are a no no,pluss the shorter barrell is better for follow threw,basicly pellet gets out quicker and your less likely to knock it off target,pluss it helps with recoil knocking you off target too..

you keep saying gamo when many people have said bsa,webley,hw, why you think there telling you them names?

your going to make a mistake friend and we have all done it as a newbie, i can hold my hands up to wasting atleast £300 buying wrong rifles.

you will do as you like but heres what i would do if i was you.

177 only,more forgiving and accuretermno big drop like 22.

look for shortest rifle possible"quicker the pellet leaves barrell,less likely you will miss".

look at lighning,theoben evolution,fenman look at all carbines.

i would highly recommend a used pcp due to no recoil and longer shots are possible,you will most likely move up yo pcp after a springer to increase accurecy and longer shots,look at bsa ultras and air arms s200 and webley raiders,falcons.

springers bsa lightnin,lightning xl and tactical,all hws,airarms,parker hale,all theobens and webleys.

keep away from smk,cometa,gamo and co2..

certain springers can be gas rammed like theoben, basicly no spring to brake and verry consistent again the bsa lightning can be gas rammed,sum webleys too..

you have to consider weight as well,hw and air arms are heavy..

my mates had a standard lightning 7odd year and spring never give up,he put gas ram in, you know it has never lost zero or needed a service?

bsa lightning tactical mate with a gas ram, i promise you in a few years you will apreciate my advice..or better still wait for a used bsa ultra or air arms s200 or webley raider for around £200 and get a used pump for 50-60 for 200 you may get a scoped rifle.

i have seen falcon fn12 multi shot with pump on the forums for £275 that is the kind of deal you want but if you wat new get a lightning but i would hold out for a pcp..

its upto you what you do and you will go with your heart and then when you shoot your gamo a few times and you see the pcp that pops up for price of your gamo, you will kick your self..

good luck and happy shooting

Thanks for the reply due to many replys stating that a gamo is not the best i have been looking at the weihrauch hw95.

Again talking to the local gun shop they dont have any problems with a bi pod on a springer but hey all i can do is buy one and try it.

while writting this and reading air gun world at the same time the tactical is looking me in the face, i cant help but feel it is a really good looking bit of kit but i know if i get one i would have wished i had bought some thing different. :good:

What about the webley stinray 2 anyone got one its in the mag as winning 2008 Best New Air Hunting rifle. :hmm:

Again im sticking to .22 :lol:

its in the mag as winning 2008 Best New Air Hunting rifle. :good:

That's because the magazine isw getting paid some money by Webley.

You need to start picking some guns up and trying them out for size in the shop.

The HW95 is a really good rifle, but get a good look at BSA lightning (standard), AA TX200 etc.

At the end of the day is you buy cheap you'll buy twice, and if you buy something which you are not sure about all you will do is find fault with it.

I always like to see what people advise other people to buy as it can sometimes gives a warped view.

I have a Gamo CFX 22 and its a sweet gun ,its light easy to hold and a 2p piece groups at 25 yds is not to sniffed at.

I always fing that people who dont recomend a Gamo have never had one!!

I know BSA are a quality gun and i have had the old airsporter"s and i still have aBSA Mercury which i have just put an ox spring in and its super powerrful but it has got a kick on it.

People often poo poo the Chinese guns but in this market there are some great guns so please try to advise on what you have used for a fairer view.

Often people say my mate had a bad one but often hearsay!

Thats my opinion.

Thanks mate thats a good bit of advice and has i have said before the gunsmith at my local shop has had amany Gamos apart and say they have some quality part in them for the price and they are by no means the Worst rifle and are great for starting out because you get the scope and mounts in the price :good:

But saying that i have been swayed by peoples reviews and i am going to buy a hw95 or a hw95K not sure yet considering second hand so what ever comes up first :rolleyes:

Edited by bigdave911

my two bobs worth.

i started with a springer many moons ago, without the understanding of PCP and C02. now, ive got a webley stingray, (for sale, by the way), and a springer is the way forward for a first gun. having fired most of em, all i will say is that please dont buy the Tac (plastic) version as its a pile of poo.

now, im on the road to PCPs as we go, but ive just bought a Benjiman Sheridan from one of the lads on here, and wht a gun.

i had concerns about using C02, but apart from the fact its not refillable,it shoots like you wouldnt belive. i bagged a BIG hare the other day with it, and a few bunnies this morning. its not expensive, and is really easy to handle.