Richards Microfit CZ452 Stock

Dunkield

ill show you mine matt (ooer!!) if you wanna come look. :good:

its in the process of being sanded down at the mo - im a complete spacker at most craftwork type things but these stocks are pretty easy to work on. :hmm:

time wise - i suppose it depends how picky you are about looks, fit etc - i keep re-doing bits on mine until they are 'perfect' lol

i havent decided whether to oil, stain or paint mine yet though! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job, Stuart :good: It looks bloomin good. The longer forend suits your rifle - on my Varmint barrel it looked a bit stumpy so I chopped the forend back a bit.

Looking at these pics I'm tempted to get another one for my CZ Silhoutte :hmm::yes:

John

It never ends does it? ??? it was your original post that made me bite the bullet and get this one :yes:

Finished at last. Put five coats of tru-oil on and then some tru-oil stock sheen and conditioner on to take the edge off the high gloss shine. Now will have to try and get out at the weekend to zero in depending on the weather :drinks: .

post-5316-1222879835.jpg

post-5316-1222879848.jpg

post-5316-1222879858.jpg

post-5316-1222879869.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

here is mine in the rough its a target thumbhole with 3inch bench rest fore end have done most of the sanding(god bless black and decker mouse)started with 60grit then 100,220,340 now a hand rubb with 400 and 600 then finish with 1200,bedded the action with devcon titanium putty and fits like a glove fitting a ajustable recoil pad from garycane

post-10904-1225020263.jpg

post-10904-1225020273.jpg

post-10904-1225020287.jpg

post-10904-1225020787.jpg

Edited by rubberlegs

HI STU when i got the stock the action was cut way over size and a little off centre so i centered it with a dremel and by hand then i roughed the finish with 100grit and drilled about 50 holes 2mm deep all around the sides of the action and in the rear recess for the action screw that fits on the dove tail.then i made a alloy pillar that fits up through the bolt hole that the rear action would sit on and hold it off the floor by 2mm this was then bonded in place then made a pillar of alloy and drilled in the stock to same height this seats the action just after the mag housing on the flat of the stock.free floated the barrel may be went over board on this as the barrel has about 2mm of space all round then using the best plastercine made a dam two inches up from the taper of the chamber to stop the bedding compound from overrunning and removed bolt ,seal off the trigger,mag slot ,bolt handle and bolt chamber with plastercine then cover and i meen cover all of the action with release agent i used silicone grease i cant stress that double check you have covered all of it as the devcon sets like metal and sticks like ****e to a blanket so if its stuck to your action its staying in the stock forever then mix the devcon to 3 to 1 by volume and cover all the prepped area with the devcon has a working time of 30mins so your safe and no need to rush devcon is like a paste and not runny like acra-glass fitted the action and bolted it up tight to 30lb your looking for nice squeese out all around the action and down the barrel channel to your dam after two hours with a pencil just move the squeese out off the sides of the action so when it sets its not rapped around the action and then crack the bolts as to free them leave for 24hrs and with a little luck removed the action and dremelled all the devcon off the top of the stock just shy of the wood then sanded off till touching the wood i was lucky and the devcon has even made a mould of the mag slot and fits like a glove job done.devcon has a max expand and concract of .0001 of and inch and is fully machinable i like it much better than acra-glass and gel as it dont run but it aint cheap 500grms for £34 from r.s good luck if you try it message me if you need any more info mate would bee glad to help

• 1 year later...
Right now i know this is out of the blue and this thread hasnt been replyed to for over a year, but.....

How are the stocks holding out under the rigours of use, can we have a report please as this may determin if i do mine. Do they mark esily?

Berettta

Laminate is generally harder than tree wood, so there is no reason why it would mark easily.

I have knocked mine a few times so it isn't pristine any more.

I still have reservations about Tru Oil as I used a fair bit when I did it but still need to top it up from time to time.

But other than that haven't looked back, in fact I can't go back as I flogged my ABS stock now.

I just wish I had ordered a thumbhole for my .223 at the same time, oh well...