For the Norn Iron Boys

Ballymac

Hi boys I just had the first two fields harvested on my permission this weekend, starting to see more birds about, have been out in field only twice so far, but all the barley and wheat is standing tall, with very few patches blown over.Most of it is not ready seems to be later this year, except for one farmer.

How are the rest of you finding it, I bet the Co Down boys are gettin some good shooting. Let's hear from ye. :unsure:

I've seen more pigeons down here than ever before. All the fields are still standing so I haven't been out yet. Seen the combine getting the once over this morning so they'll be cutting before the weekend if the weather holds :unsure:

Was speaking to farmer about an hour ago, and told me that should have another few fields cut and harvested by this evening so looks like I need to get in there. He said that he reckons he is the first or one of the first farmers in with the barley.

On another note does anyone know what the yield per acre is for barley, wheat etc.

just back in from work and seen combine in another field I have permission on, although there are lots of green pateches looks like farmer is going to harvest anyway. Feel like taking a few hours off every day and sitting in a hide and see what appears.

Things starting to warm up around here

Gareth why not try the forum sponsor for stuff, you can get a members discount.

Edited by Ballymac

loads of laid patches of barley my way , and a few fields have been hit hard by the crows , i havent got out as much this year as i now have a different job and aint got the same time to go shooting which has meant a few lads who have the time to go shooting have had big bags of crows , there is loads of woodies about my way this year