Lamping partner opportunity for this Thursday night

AndyCM

No call, no pm, no text.

What's up Dan ?

You dead ?

I had to do all this work alone tonight

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=64636

Oh well happy farmer, that's the main thing.

Cheers

AndyCM

That's a bit pissy letting a man down on an opportunity like that.

Opportunities like this don't come up often so don't hog them if you can't really make them.

Some other person could have really benefitted from that

If you can find a reliable lamper you will be doing well, I have given up looking, although there are several advantages to having two pairs of eyes when after foxes, I tend to go alone now. I have heard just about every excuse written for not turning up, from "the cat was sick" to "I've been in the pub all afternoon", and even worse, not turning up and no phone call, nothing. It's not asking too much, just to turn up when you say that you will,..... is it.............?

Andy's a good guy with a couple of good dogs, a lot of contacts and belongs to a good syndicate.

He was kind enough to invite me down once.

Anyone throwing away an oportunity to work with him doesn't deserve another.

If you make a commitment you should stick to it not hang someone out to dry because something better turns up.

andy tried calling all day but the phone was never on, sent a text asking you to call me back but heard nothing, must have been a mix up somewhere it was definatley the number you gave me, i wasnt planning on letting you down even booked friday off work an all!.. worked all day in my hunting trousers and boots! hahaha. maybe next time?

Dan

andy tried calling all day but the phone was never on, sent a text asking you to call me back but heard nothing, must have been a mix up somewhere it was definatley the number you gave me, i wasnt planning on letting you down even booked friday off work an all!.. worked all day in my hunting trousers and boots! hahaha. maybe next time?

Dan

Don't think so - it is a business phone and any problems with service I know about immediately, all calls / texts have been working just fine for me. None (of any form) received from you.

If I recall (got the original pm) you promised to call the previous day too - and didn't. Bit of a pattern here eh?

Anyway, just wrapping up another shooting session - you'll see the report later. Yes, this is being written from a field- communication, it's a wonderful thing.

Andy

i have the best lamping partner ever never ever lets me down at last moment allways on time splits petrol bullet cost's , always ready to go [ MYSELF ] got sick of mates waiting not turning up only go when they want to sod that .

Yep, the only way to go, much as I would like to teach a youngster the ropes. I'm afraid that this attitude is just another reflection on modern society, no respect for others.

i have the best lamping partner ever never ever lets me down at last moment allways on time splits petrol bullet cost's , always ready to go [ MYSELF ] got sick of mates waiting not turning up only go when they want to sod that .

Yep, the only way to go, much as I would like to teach a youngster the ropes. I'm afraid that this attitude is just another reflection on modern society, no respect for others.

Tryied that one myself found out it was a waste of time shame though

bob300w, for your information (of which you pass comment without having it all) this was not a matter of disrespect to andy, in fact i didnt want to just turn up at andys address without getting in touch first. this was a case of wires crossed at some point where i was unable to call and nothing more. i think you are wrong to tar my generation with the same brush that you also wrongly tar me with and secondly wrong to make conclusions.

i would encourage any shooters, mature or young to keep promoting what we all love in a positive way or else it could die out within only a few more generations.

bob300w, for your information (of which you pass comment without having it all) this was not a matter of disrespect to andy, in fact i didnt want to just turn up at andys address without getting in touch first. this was a case of wires crossed at some point where i was unable to call and nothing more. i think you are wrong to tar my generation with the same brush that you also wrongly tar me with and secondly wrong to make conclusions.

i would encourage any shooters, mature or young to keep promoting what we all love in a positive way or else it could die out within only a few more generations.

Had you read my post before throwing your teddy out of your cot, you would have seen that at no point did I mention any generation, 'modern society' was the expression that I used.

You failed to confirm that you would turn up when you had arranged to, A point that you both agree on incidentally, and is the sole point in discussion.

My criticism was of the attitude of people who do not turn up when they have arranged to, and you are one of them, if you could get to Andy's house to go shooting, you could get to his house to confirm it when your phone calls failed.

You could have confirmed it on here, when Andy asked you to, again you did not.

As for the "crossed wires" and "unable to call", both sides of the story are available, you say that you tried to call, Andy says that you did not.

You arranged to go shooting, you should have confirmed it and didn't, and that in my book is showing disrespect to someone who has offered to take you out, there are no excuses, end of.