holiday in turkey

sen

hi all

anybody been to turkey ,thinking about going next year(sept) with the wife and kids (aged 8 and 12 at time of traveling)

we are looking for places that arnt full off russians and germans (been told they are ***** :yes: ) any recomendations ;) cheers ian

ps wanting to go for two weeks and spent up to 2k for the right place (not full of pi$$HEADS but not grab a grann :lol: y

Try icmeler,But not the big hotels on the beach front as they are full of germans and russians.The hotels are clean and there isnt loads of drunken yobs about.My friend owns the geordie bar there and i have been 4 times so if you want some info just pm me.One thing though pick when you go because it gets REALLY hot in july/august and i am talking HOT,you can litteraly cook an egg on the pavement :yes:

hi all

anybody been to turkey ,thinking about going next year(sept) with the wife and kids (aged 8 and 12 at time of traveling)

we are looking for places that arnt full off russians and germans (been told they are ***** :yes: ) any recomendations ;) cheers ian

ps wanting to go for two weeks and spent up to 2k for the right place (not full of pi$$HEADS but not grab a grann :lol: y

Avoid Turkey and go to Cyprus, far more civilised, very few Russians or Germans, and you won't have to protect your kids and your wife 24 hours a day as in Turkey. Look online and select a hotel described as suitable for children.

i have just come back from marmaris, which is down the road from icmeler. not bad if u dont mind the tourists and the touting. but 45 degree heat and up so might get a wee bit hot for the kids. beachs were alright but colonised wid sunbeds from hotels etc the russians were alright to be honest and we met more serbians and arabic people than anyone else and apart from a bit of trouble with some handsy locals on our girlfriends it was a fairly sound place to go. and fairly cheap to boot. cost me 280 for 1 week b&b includin flights and transfers.

Agree with the above, avoid turkey. Within minutes of landing in resort when we went someone tried to rob my missus. I ended up getting sort of arrested for lamping him one and holding him until police came. Police basically wasn't interested in who was right or wrong or what had happened, more a case of the fact I was british. I wouldn't go back there again if I was paid to.

If you do go, be careful when hiring a car too. The taxis think nothing of slowing themselves to a stop by using your bumper. We had ours knocked a few times outside our resort.

Try icmeler,But not the big hotels on the beach front as they are full of germans and russians.The hotels are clean and there isnt loads of drunken yobs about.My friend owns the geordie bar there and i have been 4 times so if you want some info just pm me.One thing though pick when you go because it gets REALLY hot in july/august and i am talking HOT,you can litteraly cook an egg on the pavement :yes:

icemeler round about september is a nice time of the year : geordies is great fun, down the road is Captain bull***** which good for food and fun, Harry`s bar for the best stakes in town lot to do for the kids (been there 7 times great)

Another vote for Icmeler. I have visited there 9 times in 7 years. It's quiet but if you want the 'nightlife' it's not far away. A very pretty place, safe for the kids, and, stilll one of the cheapest places to go. I've just returned from Cyprus, expensive especially if you have kids in tow.

Hope this helps. Pm for more details etc

I've been to Istanbul on business a few times, and Bob's advice is excellent. I'd pick Italy personally, but the key thing is not Turkey.

Robert

There is places in istanbul turkish people wont go,so i wouldnt judge turkey by istanbul.Also i have never had any hassle with my wife or kids over there,infact i found turkish people very good with the kids.And anyway the wife likes a bit of attention now and again :yes:

what a topic lol,at present my brother and family are in mamaris,and love it there go every year for 2 weeks and rave about the place,my best mate is in cyprus at the mo,and text me saying how brill the place is,warm,friendly. ive been to italy,and missus got mugged with in 5 mins of getting in to naples. im off to fishguard in august ,for a weeks relaxing ,drinking ,fishing ,in a converted cow barn in the middle of no where ,cant wait ,****** going abroad ever again. :yes:

Side, Nearest airport is Antalya.

Irem Apartments are brilliant.

Small, friendly botique hotel with two pools serving about twenty apartments with a bar and restaurant in the middle.

Mainly UK and Scandinavian tourists.

200 Metres from sandy beach withfairly shallow sea out to about 100 yards to chest height.

About a mile from the old town with Roman ruins and lots of shops and discos etc

I've been there three times now and love it.

http://www.iremboutiquehotel.com/