Mid Week Clay Shoot

Markio

As it stands Myself, Martin and Bob are up for a mid week clay shoot. Obviously anyone else is welcome.

So far Martin is free Wednesday afternoon. Bob is well, always free.

Question is where to go? Bob has suggested Essex Shooting Ground Website and apparently it's closer than Braintree :) Guess who's not navigating then!

I'm good with that as i haven't been before but would also like to check out the new Braintree ground.

Edited by Markio

As it stands Myself, Martin and Bob are up for a mid week clay shoot. Obviously anyone else is welcome, unless they were born in Suffolk, cos they won't turn up again.

So far Martin is free Wednesday afternoon. Bob is well, always free. That's slanderous, I used to charge when I was younger!

Question is where to go? Bob has suggested Essex Shooting Ground Website and apparently it's closer than Braintree :) Guess who's not navigating then!

I'm good with that as i haven't been before but would also like to check out the new Braintree ground. Have a look on Google earth then, do I have to do all of your thinking?

Edited by bob300w

Essex shooting ground is at the end of a roughish track (if you are in my little yellow car) over across a used aircraft runway, has a DTL layout two skeet/trap layouts and 9 sporting stands.

The sporting stands are either in the little shrubby copse or around a fish pond, interesting layout of stands with something for everyone to miss :-), I believe it changes around every couple of weeks except for the training stands of course.

The tea and bacon rolls are supplied by the same lady that does copfurn and three acres, as for distance Braintree is closer for those north of Witham I would say. I went mid week and it was quiet but enough people around to make you feel welcome.

HTH Mike.

And no I can't make mid week at present.

Edited by MGMan

Fyfield? Game on, I am in.

Thompson locals all round etc

It's a doddle to get to Mung, 414 from Chelmsford, turn right at the Chipping Ongar r/bout, right at the Fyfield Post Office, follow your nose, it's signposted. Check the runway before you cross, it's in use now and again. It's a nice little ground, very friendly. No Sarah I'm afraid, nor £7/100 cartridges, but you can use plastic wads.

It's all systems go then, 14.00 hrs (2 O'clock PM for the non-nautical) at Fyfield. It does not have a Post code, as its (not surprisingly) a field, so set your sat-navs for Fyfield village and turn right at the Post Office. We will be in the canteen where Martin has kindly offered to buy the buns and tea for all.

Address for your gps 34 cannons lane, fyfield CM5 0..

enjoy

Anyone using the post code CM5 0 will not arrive on site, it covers around three square miles, both sides of the B184 road. The ground does not have a post code. Put this post code into Google earth and it will take you the wrong side of the 184.

Simply go into Fyfield village, turn right at the Post Office, its signposted from there.

Bob, 34 cannons lane, fyfield will take you to the end of the made up road before the entrance to the lane to the shooting ground ignore the postcode, your gps will allow an address to be entered without it.

Have a good time

M.

But apparently you haven't shot clays for 78 years and that Post Office probably got hit by a doodlebug in WWII. Sure it's still there?

As EE would say **** *** ****!

I can't stand cheeky kids, so, do you want a fiver side bet on this Petal and Petunia?

:good:, errr no.

So then, now three people that already knew how to get there have told each other how to get there can i ask another question, do they take card payments for the clays?

What a ******* excellent day. Sun was out (a bit too much according to my now burnt face) and laughs a plently. Mungler couldn't attend as he had a meeting with a bunch of other members, or partners, i forget which. He must be dead impotant as even his secretary didn't have chance to tell us while we waited for him to arrive. :blush:

The results are in:

Bob300w - 71 ex 100

Markio - 70

Lefty - 62

Martin - 61

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg