Mid Week Clay Shoot

Markio

Apart from the 7 gazillion little black flies

:blush: How many Lefty?

I made it 14, 15 if you count the one that mark had a fight with, but then, I don't exaggerate like some.

Slight change of subject, what's the recommended calibre and shot size for micro-lights?

There really were. 15,000 dropped out of my **** crack when i had a shower. They initially got trapped when i clenched at the sight of the high tower and must have stayed there all the way back to Bradfield Hall.

There really were. 15,000 dropped out of my **** crack when i had a shower. They initially got trapped when i clenched at the sight of the high tower and must have stayed there all the way back to Bradfield Hall.

If they were anywhere near your ****crack, they were dead long before you reached Bradfield Towers.

I trust that you are going to fill the hole in the floor of the car before it rains? I blame the weight of that fat ******* in the back.

Hmmm,

Yet again, as predicted on this forum, another very lacklustre performance from our very own self confessed "hotshot" MC... :innocent: :unsure:

Martin,........................a question...............are you any good at Darts...........or Tiddleywinks..................:unsure:?:devil:??

'Cos I don't think you're gonna make it at Clay Shooting..!! :blush:

Cat.

Do you have your Equity card yet? :blush:

No? You really should look into it you know, you're a funny guy, you really are. :innocent:

I find it quite sad that there are some on this forum who sit on the sidelines continually sniping from behind a keyboard, what perverse pleasure do they get from it? Get a life, or get out and do some would be my advice.

You could have joined us and had a laugh catamong, you were invited, maybe next time? or are you busy that day as well?

anybody shoot any fish instead of rabbits ?

Oh yes! :blush:

Oh yeah, the crossing carp! :innocent:

I still think that crossing micro-light would have been more fun!

The 4 bore, with 4oz of BB's would be great for that!

The gun is the easy part, do we need a volunteer pilot, or should we try and decoy one in? A case of Tesco lager in a meadow with a couple of inflatable micro-lights nearby maybe? What do you think flappers or a rotary?

The gun is the easy part, do we need a volunteer pilot, or should we try and decoy one in? A case of Tesco lager in a meadow with a couple of inflatable micro-lights nearby maybe? What do you think flappers or a rotary?

Brilliant, I think rotary would mimic the natural flight pattern of a microlight more realistically. And tesco lager? I'm not sure they would fall for that at 50 feet. Maybe tesco **** on the outside of the pattern then bottled real ale in the centre of the pattern.

A field, a sign and an arrow pointing towards the

3925m.jpg

And a banner offering free beer. That ought'a go the job.

We'll need some Realtree "Biggles" pattern camo though...

Biggles-big.jpg

Isn't that what helice ? shooting is all about shooting helicopter type targets

No, helice, usually referred to as ZZ, resembles airborne bolting rabbits, helicopters usually fly in straight lines.

If you ever need your confidence severely shaken try a round.

Hmmm,

Yet again, as predicted on this forum, another very lacklustre performance from our very own self confessed "hotshot" MC... :yes::)

Martin,........................a question...............are you any good at Darts...........or Tiddleywinks..................:)?:sly:??

'Cos I don't think you're gonna make it at Clay Shooting..!! :good:

Cat.

Cat,

After the day I have had today I am beginning to wonder. I have just spent 3 hours on the A12 broken down, which is pretty great seeing as though I only picked my car up at 9AM this morning after a full service and cambelt change.

Happy? No ******G ecstatic :yes:

I have no intentions of "Making it" in clay shooting, it is too elitist and 99% of the people involved think the sun shines from their own backsides.

Don't really know where you get the self confessed hot shot bit from either. Yes I have won a few club competitions but who hasn't?

Actually I didn't consider it a particularly lacklustre performance, it was a good set up and there were a couple of stands I struggled on.

Must be boring getting 100% all the time though Cat, Ahh but you don't do you? Anytime you fancy shooting at 1000 yards just let me know

Cheers

Martin

Edited by martincavie

Aah, Martin, you've touched a raw nerve there with me & rifles, there's many a lucky nocturnal bunny still hopping around the fields in Herts who can testify to my ability, (or lack of it :yes: ), with a rifle.

I usually end up doing the driving or holding the lamp, as my mates get so cheesed off with me missing all the time. :good:

I remember my one & only visit to the "Short Siberia" 100 yards?? range at Bisley, before Hungerford when AK's & M16's abounded, I said to the guy, "OK, I can just about see the targets, where's the telescopic scopes..??" He fell about laughing, but by the end of the day I was getting the odd one somewhere near the bull..!!

I just can't seem to keep it still, I want to keep swinging it all the time. :yes:

Cat.