sako 75

anschutz.17hmr

Good choice! <_<

I was looking for one of those but couldn't find one. In the end I opted for an 85 finnlight instead in .243 with a wildcat P8 mod. The mod does make the lovely light balance of the finnlight a bit nose heavy but it's still very pointable and lovely and quiet with the P8 (with .243 baffles). You won't regret it!

here's my 85 finnlight:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/ajm...innlight002.jpg

i only bought on the off chance,i saw it in local rfd and thought it was a good price with already being screwcut and mod fitted,did,nt even have a slot on fac for it so asked them to keep it for me with a deposit,posted variation yesterday got phone call off feo about a hour ago saying i,ll get it back early next week!! great service from lancs constabulary firearms registry <_<:good:

I've got a 75 in .243 and it's been pretty good, although it went through a bit of a phase of losing its zero, but I think that was scope related.

What are you planning on using it for? I use mine for deer and foxes, but I'm finding that I don't like the compromise very much. At some point im going to convert the 243 into a dedicated foxer with a much more appropriate scope, and get a sako 85 in a larger calibre, maybe 338 federal, for use on deer.

I used to have a Sako 22.250 then bought a Mannlicher .308, Sold them both and bought a Sako S/S .243 and have shot it for the last 4 years, I would shoot 20-30 Roe a year, Couple Reds and as much Fox as i can find, Excellent all round out of the box rifle.

:blink:

Edited by Auto

I have just (Wednesday last week) picked up my Sako 75 finnlight in 6.5x55 from my local RFD after having it shipped down from Macleods of Tain who did me a splendid deal. I took it to the Greensleeves Range at Stoke Orchard yesterday to check the zero on it. Fabulous, brilliant etc. etc. :good: Not too shabby for straight out of the box, even better having adjusted the trigger pull to slightly less than the 4lb that it came set on.

I looked at a lot of rifles and took a lot of advice, everyone rated the Sako 75 action and quite a few custom rifle makers use the 75 actions on their rifles. I know if money was no object you could buy a better rifle, but the bargains on offer at the moment are superb. Mine came ready screw cut :yes::lol:. Fitted with a T8, S&B 7x50 on Optilok mounts, nice neoprene Niggaloh sling and a decent Brady slip I am a very happy camper and am eagerly awaiting my first stalking outing.

Regards, ft.