reloading kits

right guys am thinking about going down the reloading route I know there are kits available which are the best also from what I understand most of them don't have everything you need or is it better to buy the different parts of the kit seperately also which makes do you guys reccomend :yes::good: in advance

Edited by straightshooter1

The difference between Lee and Redding/RBCS etc etc is quite significant. All the Lee small components (i.e. that don't require too much accuracy) are OK, but I would recommend going for a better make. :yes:

Depends what you're reloadin for - reducing your costs (in which case the price of any reloading kit isn't really cost effective) - or accuracy. If it's accuracy you're after you need something more substantial than Lee.

For the cost I think you'll be hard pushed to beat this kit given that it's Redding :good:http://www.smartreloader.com/redding-big-b...kit-p-2363.html

The press with the kit is a single turret one which is okay if you are loading small quantities. But a 3 or 4 hole turret press is faster and a lot less bother. I'm going to change mine soon. Just looked in Gunmart magazine and Sportsman Gun Centre are selling the 4 hole turret kit for £98.99.

Edited by steve_b_wales

well i bought the lee hand press and a set of deluxe dies for reloading my .243`s and im very pleased with it it simple to use

and no need to be fastened to a bench when finished with it i just put it back in the box and put the dies away aswell

only cost me 51 quid and has already paid for its self

The press with the kit is a single turret one which is okay if you are loading small quantities. But a 3 or 4 hole turret press is faster and a lot less bother. I'm going to change mine soon. Just looked in Gunmart magazine and Sportsman Gun Centre are selling the 4 hole turret kit for £98.99.

Buy a good quility Turret press if your going down that route - Lee just hasn't got it when it come to good quility on those sort of presses ( they are fine for single stage - infact i use 1, but not to hot on turret type).

Try to find a used turret press. I got mine from a guy on here. You'll get hunting accurate ammo with a lee press, but if you want to be serious then take the word of the guys who know (because I don't!). I have a lee press and my bullets shoot about 1 MOA (roughly an inch at 100 yards) even with me shooting them.

Well,

i was instructed how to reload for a 308 rifle and a 6br rifle a long time ago. and the lad that taught me was using RCBS, and to be honest i went the same way with a RCBS rockchucker supream kit, added some lee comp doies for the 223 and now running rcbs for the 243, and i have to say i too have found it a nice bit of kit, i got it from the place showing above and i think it was money well spent.

I have 2 mates that got the lee anniversary kit at the same time as myself, and both have changed the press but kept all the other stuff.

anyway.all i can say is, i wish you luck and good shooting with whatever you get, it certainly makes me think that i have done a good job when i managed to produce good groups with my own home rolled ones,

bob.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...