Major panick !!

rec-baller

I,ve just had one of my biggest scares for years, :)

been out for a couple of hours at one of my farms,took the Ruger 10/22, i managed to bag one bunny and went to shoot another --pulled the trigger and it just did,nt sound right--also missed the rabbit :yp:

anyway i decided it was too dark to carry on so i went back to the farm yard ( 1/2 mile away) got to my car and went to unload my rifle and found NO MAGAZINE !!!! kin ******* !!! :D

mag must of dropped out in the feild and thats why it did,nt shoot right/sound right

major panick set in looked for a torch in the car--no torch, blopdy kids must have taken it out :lol: off i trot trying to find the mag in the failing light, i went straight back to where i had been holed up and unbelivabley i stood on my magazine in the long grass B)

i couldnt belive it-- certainley did,nt fancy admitting to the farmer there was a magazine full of live ammo somewher in one of his fields !!!!

i will double check from now on before i set off back to my car

shaun

:D :o :o :yes::yes: top brown trouser moment that shaun :yp:

cant wait for some people on here to start telling you what you should be doing and not doing B)

You don't mean all those people who Know better after the event do you?? :):lol:

Cheers taz.

I took the dog for a walk along the canal the other day and found two live 12 bore cartridges in the grass, i,ts things like this that give us a bad name.

My other gripe is that I share a cupple of shoots and the other shooters leave empty cartridges all over the place, I end up picking them up and taking them home for the bin. When I challenged them the one reply was that I shoot an auto and it throws them all over the place!!. My shooting buddies also have auto's but we manage to pick up the empties.

Pigeon controller

rec-baller, glad you found that mag. Its amazing what you can do when you look hard enough. About 5 years ago we were holidaying near Mamms Cross where "The Quiet Man" was filmed. We picniced near a lake surrounded by bogland. It was really hot but as we got back into the cars, my mate Paul noticed his glasses were missing. We looked over that stupid bog for ages and as we were about to give up and return to the Galway Guinness, I looked down and there they were. Oi tell ya twas the luck o' the Oirish. Well nearly. I found a tic on my ankle and one on my sons leg later.