OPEN GENERAL LICENSE

rabbit assassin

First, exactly what is covered by the open general license? :hmm:

Second, which of those species can i legally shoot with an 12ft lbs air rifle? :drool:

Thirldy, how do i get hold of such a license? :drool: I know it is not necessary to have a copy of or even to have read this license, but I believe it will aid me in permission gaining. :stupid:

Thanks alot!

Rabbit Assasin

You don't need to apply for the general licence but you do have to comply with it. Look on the BASC website for the latest details. The main thing is to only shoot what is permitted, to do it safely and humanely and to have permission (preferably written) for the land which you are shooting on.

By the way.... assassin has 4 s's :lol:

Edited by airssassin

so is it illiegal to shoot em with a rifle or just not very good practice/not humane?

There are recommended weapons for use on every type of quarry based on what will produce a high probability of a clean kill (and probably a bit of tradition too). Although it is probably possible to kill a Canada Goose with an air rifle, I am sure that shooting one with an air rifle would be looked upon as inhumane and WOULD land you in hot water with the law.