222 clean

bignoel

:good::good::good:

Personally i clean all and any of my shooting gear right after use inc shotties and rifles regardless of one shot or 100 surely its common sense if you want to retain good service and accuracy, anything else is an excuse, even if you just push an oil patch through its gonna help then swab with meths before you go out next time

What if you get told not to service your car would you be surprised if it let you down after a while?

Do some tests on the .22LR and you'll end up doing like most of us do - leaving the bore alone until it has shot hundreds and then giving it a few patches soaked in Hoppes or some other cleaner and then another five hundred before the next clean. Mine, like all of them shoots much larger groups after cleaning. The greasy nature of LR ammo coats up the bore with lubricant anyway so it won't go rusty.

In the days of corrosive primers and powder, you had to clean the LR every time. You don't now. If it's wet like today, carefully dry the gun and wipe the outside with a lightly oiled or silicone rag. In summer, make sure you don't over oil the action and the bolt or it will attract a lot of wear inducing grit and dust. In summer, I lube the bolt and action with powdered graphite which is completely dry and the gun runs much cleaner. Even in wet weather, if you are shooting stuff like Eley subs, the bore will be coated in grease.

Edited by Evilv

Do some tests on the .22LR and you'll end up doing like most of us do - leaving the bore alone until it has shot hundreds and then giving it a few patches soaked in Hoppes or some other cleaner and then another five hundred before the next clean. Mine, like all of them shoots much larger groups after cleaning. The greasy nature of LR ammo coats up the bore with lubricant anyway so it won't go rusty.

In the days of corrosive primers and powder, you had to clean the LR every time. You don't now. If it's wet like today, carefully dry the gun and wipe the outside with a lightly oiled or silicone rag. In summer, make sure you don't over oil the action and the bolt or it will attract a lot of wear inducing grit and dust. In summer, I lube the bolt and action with powdered graphite which is completely dry and the gun runs much cleaner. Even in wet weather, if you are shooting stuff like Eley subs, the bore will be coated in grease.

cheers top bit of info there .now the barrel is well used i find the winni's are spot on for me .cheers

Clean your triple bore properly after every 10 rounds. Just put a oiled patch up in between but if is going to be more than a few days till your next outing do it properly . Dont forget to use a bore guide, more barrells are ruined by being improperly cleaned than ever are shot out.

This will show you how,

http://www.precisionrifles.com/Cleaning%20Procedures.htm

A