shogun sport???

tweedledee

hi guys i`m just wondering if i`m the only madman in the country that would consider a 4 by 4 at the minute.i am currently looking about a new vehicle.right in the middle of a credit crunch i know.i always fancied a jeep so i took myself off to the mitsubishi dealer tonight.my dad has been using shoguns since 83 with reliable being their trait.i test drove a shogun sport warrior. an absolute beast of a vehicle but very comfortable. 5 doors practical with a big boot for the guns and dogs. i know it will be thirsty but we don`t do many miles and i think i get more vehicle with it than in a bmw or audi saloon.the bm and audis are awfully dear and usually with big miles. the jeep has a more laid back approach to driving. but i honestly think if looked after it will last years.also i think it`s pretty gizzmo free which i like not havong to stick it on a diagnostic machine to reset lights and the like.i`m after a workhorse vehicle with plenty of room and comfort. AM I MAD?? :good:

A word of caution - if you are a 'driver' then the shine of a 4x4 wears off very quickly. A couple of years ago my Co. car, a Honda Accord, had to go back to honda for 6 weeks and they gave me a CRV for the duration. It was nice for the first 2 weeks (sat up high, going off road etc) but after a couple of weeks I was dying to get back in a proper car.

Just my point of view.

Nige

I have a SWB Shogun and can't fault it....(yet).

Currently averageing 450 miles to a £75 tank of diesel, this is on short trips to work and lots 4 wheel drive off road

around the shoot.

Back seats are permanently folded forward so theres plenty of room for the dog crate and shooting kit etc.

We have a RAV4 as a family car. It is a great car and very reliable. It is however VERY boring to drive. It is boring to the extent that I normally let my missus drive it when we are all in it. I see me driving it as wasted energy !

I have just got a 2.8 BMW Z3 as an in between car whilst I sell my existing car. The Z3 makes a nice noise and goes brilliantly sideways at roundabouts but I checked the MPG on the way to work just now and I am doing 17 MPG. :good:

Get it and then convert to LPG, it's the way forward :good:

Personally I liked the change from a car to a 4x4, ok you can't race down country lanes etc but I find I now do around 65-70 on the motorways instead of 90-100+mph and so feel more calm and think my licence will last a bit longer.