Been Tinkering Again

pavman

That looks a lot tidier Pav :good:

What stops the gun from slipping back? I can't see it from the picture

top one Pav, what did you make it from? :look:

Its 22mm copper pipe, suspect the plumbers could make a much better job but its was quite easy and works once i proved the idea to myself, the Rifle is held on a Tee piece you cant see, friction from the foam and a tightish fit keep it place, its quick and easy to lift out and take a shot, nice position to change mag etc, and the scope mounted lamp is no problem :lol:

Edited by pavman

taking account of mods learnt from my mock up 1st attempt happy with this, no more poking a loaded rifle about the truck

Looks very tidy, hmmmm :lol: how about rigging one up on each door and having a ring sight mounted, say on the interior mirror,

bandits at 4 o,clock and all that :lol:

It would be an improvement on my Lewis Gun mounted up on my sunroof, its wet and cold up there :good:

:look: D2D

taking account of mods learnt from my mock up 1st attempt happy with this, no more poking a loaded rifle about the truck

Looks very tidy, hmmmm :lol: how about rigging one up on each door and having a ring sight mounted, say on the interior mirror,

bandits at 4 o,clock and all that :lol:

It would be an improvement on my Lewis Gun mounted up on my sunroof, its wet and cold up there :good:

:look: D2D

:lol::lol::lol: I like it

Seriously, when shooting alone and driving it can be a bit hairy stopping for a shot at bunnies every 5 mins and poking a rifle out the window with a scope mounted lamp just to add to the problem, at least this way the business end is always pointing in the right direction (not towards me or the sunroof!