Avon & Somerset Licensing taking FOREVER!

southernlad

Afternoon all,

Applied for my SGC 3 months ago - finally after repeated phonecalls and repeated excuses have managed to arrange my home visit with my local FLO (Who seemed very nice by the way) to come next week. I was hoping that once the visit has been carried out and if all OK I could expect my certificate within a couple of weeks at most. However... Someone I know who has just got his had to wait 6 MONTHS *AFTER* receiving a home visit which he'd already waited months for! What the heck is going on?

Does anyone else know anything about Avon and Somerset policy? I have heard that they deliberately string out your application for as long as possible in the hope that you will just forget about it and give up. If Dorset can get a certificate processed in a matter of weeks why is Somerset so different?

I know I'm not alone in waiting this long - but what can be done about it?

Dorset Police are spot on!!!

It took 2 weeks from posting the forms to having my inspection wednesday just gone.

Just awaiting the certificate through the post.

I cant belive Somerset & Avon Police though

Imeant to say i can believe Somerset & Avon police though!!!

Edited by Borries01

S&A Firearms licencing are supposed to be understaffed, overworked, and there's a moratorium on appointing new staff. A friend sent his application in ages ago, noticed his cheque's not been cashed and called to find out what's happening. Turns out his application's gone AWOL (that's nice, no sensitive personal info on that at all :yes: ) he's just sent it in again today. Second time lucky?

Afternoon all,

Applied for my SGC 3 months ago - finally after repeated phonecalls and repeated excuses have managed to arrange my home visit with my local FLO (Who seemed very nice by the way) to come next week. I was hoping that once the visit has been carried out and if all OK I could expect my certificate within a couple of weeks at most. However... Someone I know who has just got his had to wait 6 MONTHS *AFTER* receiving a home visit which he'd already waited months for! What the heck is going on?

Does anyone else know anything about Avon and Somerset policy? I have heard that they deliberately string out your application for as long as possible in the hope that you will just forget about it and give up. If Dorset can get a certificate processed in a matter of weeks why is Somerset so different?

When I used to live in the same town as you a few years ago, never had any problems with A+S. Always very speedy, that was FAC and SC.

Afternoon all,

Hi

I had my FLO visit on 3rd of May 2008 for my SGC and the Avon and Somerset FLO brought my SGC out to me on 10th June 2008

that 5 weeks and a bit excellent.

Cheers

Steve

The FLO who visited is 1st class and gave his mobile for any queries or questions you may have.