pigeon magnet plans

BIGPHILL

Being newish to this most excellent sport I could do with a pigeon magnet but being a poor humble apprentice at the mid life crisis age of 45 I can't afford the 100 or so quid so if some lovely person or persons could email me a set of plans to **********@aol.com I would be eternally gratefull

cheers Phill

Edited by henry d
Please do not post personal info.

Being newish to this most excellent sport I could do with a pigeon magnet but being a poor humble apprentice at the mid life crisis age of 45 I can't afford the 100 or so quid so if some lovely person or persons could email me a set of plans to phillthechip@aol.com I would be eternally gratefull

cheers Phill

hawkeye is the man for plans.

or try paul hart on here, you may get what you want from him a tad cheaper.

I have built my own magnet the only thing I need is a speed controller as it is running fast. I just made it up as I went along. I used a wiper motor from a Leland van but I think a defender rear wiper motor might work.

I have some pictures but cant see how to add a picture to this post. PM me if you want me to email them to you.

I dont think so Mark as i do not charge for the plans :good: :good: :blush::good:

Cool got an extension planned soon if you would like to call by and measure up :good:

Ps, i will have the kettle on :P

You had better get your **** out to work then instead of posting on here....!!!!! :blush: :blush: :good:

small.jpg

small2.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

The motor support plate is rounded just because it is what I had lying around you could make it any shape.

The spikes that go in the ground are just squashed box section thats cut to a point then welded up.

The part where you fix the arms to is made from some flat bar with some box section cut in half welded to each end, I could of bent these up a little but bent the arms instead.

I was going to build cradles for the birds but ended up using plastic decoys, I take the wings off push the arm through the hole till it meets the little round stop, then put the wings back on. I have been testing it out the back and they haven't fallen off despite it running quite fast.

The most expensive bit was the paint and the decoys but I think I will add a speed controller to it. At the moment depending how you wire it you have very fast and super fast. The green and brown wires are to the reverse switch I just cut them off.

Seb

Edited by seb

P reg or similar ford fiesta wiper motor has two wire speed control and is easy and readily available but my advice is just keep your eyes on ebay and you will get a bargain with no time wasted or hassle, just add up the paint planning welding cutting etc and £50-60 on ebay looks good, spend the time you save in the field.

My father in law made one and then tasked me with slowing it down - I bought the speed controller from maplin and by the time I'd also bought a waterproof juction box, 2 glands, a fuse carrier it cost about ~£25. It works a treat but I can't help thinking it would have been better to buy the whole thing from ebay!

Good work above though!!

My father in law made one and then tasked me with slowing it down - I bought the speed controller from maplin and by the time I'd also bought a waterproof juction box, 2 glands, a fuse carrier it cost about ~£25. It works a treat but I can't help thinking it would have been better to buy the whole thing from ebay!

Good work above though!!

this was my problem to. I thought about it and priced things up. I eneded up with one from Magtame and one from ebay. both good and both reliable.