Olympics

tomleatel

Being that i live in the London Borough and have to pay for the Olympics i thought that a little reading on the matter would not go a miss.

Obviously taking a particular interest in the shooting i am livid about what this poxy Goverment/Olympic Commitee intend to do.

Currently they plan to build an 18 million pound shooting development in Woolwich. This is would be all singing all dancing type of place that accomodates all of the Olympic disciplines including Archery.

Once the games have finished they will KNOCK it down, costing a further 1.5 mill :lol::lol:

Are they Stupid

:lol::beer:

The Olympics are there to be a legacy, but oh know spend £18m for 2 weeks of comp....

Thankfully the owner Dartford CSG has made an attempt to do something about it.

He will build it for £10m, and it will remain forever.

Obviously the Goverment are overjoyed :lol:

WRONG

They seem to think that it won't work, and they would much rather spend £19.5 for no legacy..

Backhanders, Backhanders :lol:

Shame as this could be the new shooting arena for the entire Region, something that will involve more people of the community

Gordan Brown :lol:

I did read in one of the london free papers last week that the olympic comittee are reviewing where some of the sports are going to be held in a bid to reduce the cost of the games.

This probably means which WI hall the origami final will be held at.

Dartford GC is OK for clay shooting but what about all the other shooting? We already have a state of the art shooting facility in surrey, why do the want to build another one?

• 4 weeks later...