Mid Wales Shooting Ground

Salop Matt

Hi folks whilst me and Silver Pigeon (girlfriend) were at mid wales yesterday I saw several people with the strangest looking guns iv ever seen, the stock looked like a coat hanger, just a kind of bent wire insted of a stock. Apparently super adjustable :lol:

Can anyone tell me much about them as iv never seen one before and it seemed to be the DTL gang who were shooting them.

Silver pigeon, I have no intention of spending any pennys on one as to my mind they look terrible but horses for courses and am just curious.

Its a brillient ground good shop and wicked club house to :good: DTL is the big thing there with about 6-8 DTL ranges,but also offers a sporting layout and 2 skeet ranges with one being olimpic skeet. £5.50 around of skeet. Its a registered ground everyone was very friendly and no wait for the skeet but they were hammering the DTL and no waits on the sporting either.

From our house its 53mile which even being stuck beind a trackor for 8 mile makes the journey 1hr 10min but a beautiful drive it is. I could happily spend a day shooting there and have to be dragged home kicking and screaming ! Its the same to doveridge from our house and kinver is nearly as far but loving the skeet at the moment and have a strong preference for mid-wales. looks like we might make it a once a month event :/

Yes, I think I know what you mean. I've never seen one that I would describe as looking like it was made out of coat hanger wire though :mad::good:

The ones I've seen look like an aluminium crutch, stupid looking ugly things that cost about a grand and seem to make you shoot really badly :good:;);)

I think you keep making twiddly little adjustments until you've convinced yourself that you can shoot straight, then take it to a gunsmith and get a proper stock made from the measurements. Personally, I couldn't be *****. If I had to *** about like that to make myself hit a target, I'd take up golf instead :/

I agree...Mid Wales was ace!...I'd be interested to have a go at the Skeet at Doveridge if it is reckoned to be better! :hmm:

Re: the skeleton type stocks, they were totally bizarre!

Mid Wales is a great ground, (we should be on commission for this Salop Sniper!) :good: ...really good facilities and totally worth the drive!

We've said perhaps once a month...but that depends how quickly the job of DIY house jobs get ploughed through...hint hint! :yes::hmm:

It most likely one of these http://www.alanrhone-store.com/index.php?c...7cb974a5d605ed8

Don't knock them till you try one.

I do not need one but some shooters do,they also reduce recoil as well.

This http://www.precisionfitstocks.com/techInfo.htm gives a lot more information.

Edited by BlaserF3

I agree...Mid Wales was ace!...I'd be interested to have a go at the Skeet at Doveridge if it is reckoned to be better! :yes:

Re: the skeleton type stocks, they were totally bizarre!

Mid Wales is a great ground, (we should be on commission for this Salop Sniper!) :yes: ...really good facilities and totally worth the drive!

We've said perhaps once a month...but that depends how quickly the job of DIY house jobs get ploughed through...hint hint! :yes::)

Gun safe will be in on sunday and hopefully the shelves I said about and Bryn`s pegs for his stuff up to ! As its been pay day we can get the fence sorted hopefully next weekend if I can talk the old man into helping ! :look: