The Shakes

mark_mjs93

If your gun is a springer then you should not really put a bipod on it from what iv been told when you try to shoot the gun cant recoil naturally and this causes the accuracy to be even worse as the barrel will not adjust and allign right. you should hold the gun lightly and not push it in to your shoulder rest it on ur shoulder losely but securely , im not completely sure if this is true though so i could be wrong.

I agree with the breathing and practice, take a few slow deep breaths, take aim and release HALF of that last breath, you only have about 3 seconds of steadyness from this, but it works.

Good luck I`m sure in a few months it`ll be a thing of the past, remember "practice makes perfect" :welcomeani:

ATB

Nick

Don't know the rifle your shooting but guess it's an airgun. Same thing should apply as with a BIG rifle.

Firstly what type of shooting stance are you taking most of your shots at? For instance there are different stances that give you places to rest your elbows which should help with any shake. Secondly bipods are all very well but will you always be taking shots lying down? If not you might want to consider telsecopic shooting sticks which will give you an infinite range of shooting heights. Thirdly also try the 12 o clock 6 o clock trick which is designed to cancel out 50% of your shake. Don't know any shooters who can hold a rock steady bead on a target without some sort of support. Freehand is never good.

• 1 month later...

WOW i totally forgot that i had this thread :lol: i thought id search my name (i was sure i posted something earlier on but i dunno were lol) i have read a load of these comments and they are ace, lol now i have realyl moved along with my gun and my shakes and now i can take a shot with a very steady shot, i still have a slight shake, but as i say i have progressed, my shot has increased ten fold and now im looking to apply for my SGC, i thank everyone that has commented and i hope you keep on giving the great advice you have been to help all the shakey shooters out there...

all the best

and happy shooting

Mark

:lol: