Another techie question

henry d

I am, yet again re-installing windows. The story so far is.......I accidentally installed Linpus Linux Lite instead of loading it onto a flash drive, so I installed it using the recovery disc and when this was installed I had to install the drivers & utilities from a disc and this went OK until it restarted and I got the usual windows xp and the boot up as usual, then it goes to a blue screen with dark blue bands above and below with windows xp and the logo and sits there like that for as long as I let it.

Any ideas, apart from hitting it with a mash hammer, greatfully accepted :good:

I think I remember that it didn`t allow me to re-install with out reformatting, the first disc was a product recovery CD-ROM and was SP2 and when loaded was the old chunky looking set up and the blue window I get now seems to be the correct format, more sleek less chunky, but it seems to hang there for some reason :good:

I know you wont like this but try booting the XP when you get the blue screen where you hit F8 to agree, try running the repair option 'R' on the install, if this fails to stop it freezing I would suggest booting off the CD again and try running a full format option, you'll have to select the delete option on all partitions on the drive, then run the install

prsonally ,what i do,is get a spare hd ,install windows and whatever programs you want on it,getting running as you want it,then copy it over to other hd so you have two identical hds.then unplug one but leave it in machine,if ever anything goes wrong then,just change hd s around alter clip from master to slave and opposite on other one,then jump them from one to another again,giving you 2 identical hds again,away to go,must remember to plug spare hd in every now n then to add any new things to it that youve added to original hd.aslong as one set up as master and one slave you could leave them both on,and you can just drag n drop new stuff to spare hd when you need too. :) hope this helps . :good: